......FIRST CLASS

BaMorin

• AR turntable rebuilder/modifyer
......FIRST CLASS
« on: 5 Apr 2011, 07:07 pm »
........As Firesign Theater answered the question of......"What kind of fool do you take me for?"

So there I was......looking at the front yard. The sun was shining....a nice breeze, a bit cool but nice. The grass was starting to get out of control. So marc says to hisself he says...we gotta cut this. (i'm OCD about my yard) I fire up ol sparky and get started. It clouds over......the temperature drops fast......I'm in a "white-out"..........I mean it's snowing to be damned!!!!!!!   Nothing, I mean nothing shows how bad of lines being cut like new fallen snow...............shoot a mighty dang !!!!!  :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

Wayner

Re: ......FIRST CLASS
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2011, 07:27 pm »
Way to go! I just put my snowblower away 10 minutes ago and now I'm cursed! When does it ever end? I also have to bitch at the dude that came up with the 4 seasons concept. Spring and fall are about 1 week each, summer has about 4 nice days before the bugs come out and winter lasts for 1/2 year.

In my case, why did the stupid ancestors from Norway and Sweden more here? Why not Californica or Florida, where it's much warmer. Why move to the same crap hole you left?

I just don't get it. What's worse, Why am I still here too?

:D

TheChairGuy

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2011, 07:33 pm »
In my case, why did the stupid ancestors from Norway and Sweden more here? Why not Californica or Florida, where it's much warmer. Why move to the same crap hole you left?

I've wondered much the same - why leave Scandinavia - for American Scandinavia (Minnesota) :icon_lol:

My biz partner in LA is married to a Swedish gal.  That girl got it right - any day less than 60F is a cause for concern.

She's the easiest person to spot in LA - stark white in skin color and wearing a 4' diameter hat at all times.  But, she's warm year-round and the mosquitos there aren't too angry and golf ball sized  :wink:

John

orthobiz

« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2011, 07:47 pm »
Life in the TEMPERATE zone!

Paul

BaMorin

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2011, 08:02 pm »
Way to go! I just put my snowblower away 10 minutes ago and now I'm cursed! When does it ever end? I also have to bitch at the dude that came up with the 4 seasons concept. Spring and fall are about 1 week each, summer has about 4 nice days before the bugs come out and winter lasts for 1/2 year.

I just don't get it. What's worse, Why am I still here too?

:D

LOL....yep.   The old joke back home in Vermont during winter is.........."well, at least the black flies aren't biting"

I've been in Minnesota during the summer.........that's a different breed of 'skeeter" y'all got up there.
I saw one "doing" a full grown turkey while standing flat footed.  :P

Wayner

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2011, 08:36 pm »
I could never understand (or appreciate) how the American Indians could survive in this part of the country. The Dakota, Lakota, Chippewa and others had to endure some bastard winters. While these people were basically nomadic, They had to face everyday as a survival challenge. Water, food, and warmth were basic necessities, but I think to many of those people back in the old days, was a luxury.

We piss and moan when the thermostat is only at 68° and turn it to 72°. Could you imagine going out into the wilderness looking for "tatanka" when it was -30°F? You then (if lucky) drag parts of the beast home and the misses has been listening to vinyl all day and the dishes aren't done.

What a pisser.

8)

95Dyna

« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2011, 08:54 pm »
I could never understand (or appreciate) how the American Indians could survive in this part of the country. The Dakota, Lakota, Chippewa and others had to endure some bastard winters. While these people were basically nomadic, They had to face everyday as a survival challenge. Water, food, and warmth were basic necessities, but I think to many of those people back in the old days, was a luxury.

We piss and moan when the thermostat is only at 68° and turn it to 72°. Could you imagine going out into the wilderness looking for "tatanka" when it was -30°F? You then (if lucky) drag parts of the beast home and the misses has been listening to vinyl all day and the dishes aren't done.

What a pisser.

8)

Yeah, and never mind any obsessing over tonearm compliance :lol:.

95Dyna

« Reply #7 on: 5 Apr 2011, 09:00 pm »
........As Firesign Theater answered the question of......"What kind of fool do you take me for?"

.....shoes for industry shoes for the dead, Hi I'm Joe Beats......what chance does that deceased war veteran have of getting that high paying job, more sugar and that mule he always wanted.....?

BaMorin

« Reply #8 on: 5 Apr 2011, 09:17 pm »

What a pisser.

8)

Kwe Kwe Nedoba...aho migikwich

Actually a buffalo(t'psa) hide tepee will stay about 80F with a small fire going.  I agree with putting up meat in the winter.  normally "Tatanka" was left to his own business.......them big bulls are hard to bring down.

Our folks built long-houses, and if mooselamoo was taken, usually the village moved to it.  Minnesota is flatland.
Vermont is all mountain.....and mooselamoo always seemed to be at the bottom of the mountain.  Funny how that works.

DaveyW

« Reply #9 on: 5 Apr 2011, 09:30 pm »
Actually a buffalo(t'psa) hide tepee will stay about 80F with a small fire going.  I agree with putting up meat in the winter.  normally "Tatanka" was left to his own business.......them big bulls are hard to bring down.

Ahh! Yes - But just think of all the hide platter mats you could get off of one  :thumb:

BaMorin

« Reply #10 on: 5 Apr 2011, 10:30 pm »
Ahh! Yes - But just think of all the hide platter mats you could get off of one  :thumb:

Screw that!!!!  ya got any idea how many steaks are on one of them suckers  :drool: