For sale - VR-4 Gen III HSE

swadhwani

For sale - VR-4 Gen III HSE
« on: 2 Apr 2011, 05:56 am »
For sale, Von Schweikert VR-4 Gen III HSE Loudspeakers for $2,000. Maintained in a pet-free and smoke-free home. These were dealer demo bought in 2004. Excellent condition with some minor scratches on wood (I can email pictures upon request). I don't have spikes, but you can buy them from Von Schweikert directly.

I have original boxes, but would prefer local pickup (in San Francisco Bay area), because they are a pain to ship (and expensive). Shipping weight is approximately 200 pounds in 3 boxes. Selling because we are moving to a smaller home and these are too big for my new living room.

I also have a pair of Verbatim Type II cables that were originally designed by Von Schweikert and then further enhanced by Paul Garner. They work wonderfully with the Gen III HSEs. They were re-done by Paul Garner in 2007 and are in excellent condition. They are available separately for $500.

Delacroix

Re: For sale - VR-4 Gen III HSE
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2011, 10:53 pm »
Hi there -- you will get more attention and eyeballs on your listing if you post it in the Trading Post Circle: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=109.0

but for very good reasons intended to counter spam, you cannot, as a new member, post there until you have posted more than twice on AC, which you have have not yet done So why not tell us a little more by introducing yourself, which will then gain you permissions to post in the Trading Circle. 

JackD201

« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2011, 10:03 am »
For sale, Von Schweikert VR-4 Gen III HSE Loudspeakers for $2,000. Maintained in a pet-free and smoke-free home. These were dealer demo bought in 2004. Excellent condition with some minor scratches on wood (I can email pictures upon request). I don't have spikes, but you can buy them from Von Schweikert directly.

I have original boxes, but would prefer local pickup (in San Francisco Bay area), because they are a pain to ship (and expensive). Shipping weight is approximately 200 pounds in 3 boxes. Selling because we are moving to a smaller home and these are too big for my new living room.

I also have a pair of Verbatim Type II cables that were originally designed by Von Schweikert and then further enhanced by Paul Garner. They work wonderfully with the Gen III HSEs. They were re-done by Paul Garner in 2007 and are in excellent condition. They are available separately for $500.

Hi,

Are your Verbatim cables jumper type, bi-wire or single run? I've been trying to hunt down a single run pair. TIA!

Jack

swadhwani

« Reply #3 on: 3 Apr 2011, 08:52 pm »
Hi - the Verbatim cables are bi-wire Type II.

Thanks
Sanjiv

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #4 on: 3 Apr 2011, 10:22 pm »
How long are they and what does the type II get you?  thx.

JackD201

« Reply #5 on: 4 Apr 2011, 04:14 am »
Type II is what we both have Gavin. Type Is were 4 inches wide. IIRC.

Darn it, I wish they were single runs :(

swadhwani

« Reply #6 on: 4 Apr 2011, 04:29 am »
How long are they and what does the type II get you?  thx.

They are 8 feet long.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #7 on: 4 Apr 2011, 06:04 pm »
I have the exact same cables for which I paid $1K.  I run them in a McIntosh/VR5 Anniversary system and they are very, very good.  For you guys who are on a cable search, you will not find cables ANYWHERE that are this good for $500, trust me.