"Source Code"

ajzepp

"Source Code"
« on: 2 Apr 2011, 05:15 am »
It's been a while since I saw a movie on opening day, but in the spirit of deciding to play hookey from work today, I called up a lady friend and headed over to the theater. I really enjoy sci-fi/time travel type flicks, and this one definitely held my interest. The problem I had with this film was the ending, however. I have been thinking about the film since I left the theater, and I'm still processing everything. As of right now, I'm pretty sure the story failed to follow its own rules at the end, which isn't cool. I may not have put 2 and 2 together, so the jury is still out, but I'm pretty sure things sort of became inconsistent at the end.

What do you guys think?

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: "Source Code"
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2011, 05:26 am »
I hate inconsistant endings,,,,,,, but I'll be seeing tis movie next week anywho. So I'll get back to ya AJ.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 2 Apr 2011, 05:28 am »
I hate inconsistant endings,,,,,,, but I'll be seeing tis movie next week anywho. So I'll get back to ya AJ.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Good, I'll be really interested to see what you think....maybe you can help me to fill in a few blanks that I may be missing with regard to the ending. I have little doubt you'll enjoy it....it's worth the price of admission for sure and it's a fun ride  :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2011, 10:12 pm »
I just got back from seeing an awesome movie. AJ, I simply loved the ending,,, totally storybook. There's absoluely no fence sitting for me here. This movie had it all, very good storyline, Sci-Fi thriller, pretty good special effects (nothing over the top) and lots of twists with a happy/sad ending (depending on how one looks at it). I chose happy myself and will probably watch this Sci-Fi flick again when it shows up on the movie channels. A solid 4 out of 5 stars and 1 of the best all around movies I've seen to date cuz it was really my kinda movie, ymmv.  :thumb: 

Cheers,
Robin

ajzepp

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2011, 11:09 pm »
I just got back from seeing an awesome movie. AJ, I simply loved the ending,,, totally storybook. There's absoluely no fence sitting for me here. This movie had it all, very good storyline, Sci-Fi thriller, pretty good special effects (nothing over the top) and lots of twists with a happy/sad ending (depending on how one looks at it). I chose happy myself and will probably watch this Sci-Fi flick again when it shows up on the movie channels. A solid 4 out of 5 stars and 1 of the best all around movies I've seen to date cuz it was really my kinda movie, ymmv.  :thumb: 

Cheers,
Robin

Glad you enjoyed it!  :thumb:

werd

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2011, 11:31 pm »
Its like "Ground hog day". Watched the trailer... :icon_lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2011, 11:37 pm »
Its like "Ground hog day". Watched the trailer... :icon_lol:

Not even close,,, this is sci-fi, not comedy.

wilsynet

« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2011, 03:59 pm »
Potential spoiler alert.

It was pretty clear they were going to close with a fairy tail ending.  I figured that was going to ruin the movie for me, but they did it in such a way that I left feeling pretty satisfied.

I thought the way they finished it up was reasonable and consistent.  You just have to think more science fiction quantum physics and parallel universes and less computer.  Parallel universes is a pretty common sci-fi meme.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #8 on: 6 Apr 2011, 04:16 pm »
Potential spoiler alert.

It was pretty clear they were going to close with a fairy tail ending.  I figured that was going to ruin the movie for me, but they did it in such a way that I left feeling pretty satisfied.

I thought the way they finished it up was reasonable and consistent.  You just have to think more science fiction quantum physics and parallel universes and less computer.  Parallel universes is a pretty common sci-fi meme.

SPOILER ALERT

I wouldn't call it a happy ending for the guy who's conscience was continually being taken over for 8 minutes before he dies. What ultimately happens to this guy? Obviously the woman could care less as she likes the change of personality throughout the movie. Yes the ending leaves you with a few alternate ending consequences and it's what really makes this movie so good as it has you thinking about the overall effectiveness of the Source Code.  :o

Cheers,
Robin