FS: PRICE DROP! Aerial Acoustics 7B Loudspeakers

Mudslide

FS: PRICE DROP! Aerial Acoustics 7B Loudspeakers
« on: 31 Mar 2011, 11:41 pm »
I find myself in need of selling the lovely Aerial speakers you see pictured below.  I am the second owner of the pair and don't have the shipping boxes any longer.  So these must be picked up, or I can deliver up to 50 miles from my home.  I'm on the central Oregon coast.  I have set a wicked-good price on these, $1750 - $1600 OBO, and I will not ship them unless the buyer makes all the arrangements for pickup, boxing, and shipping.  I realize this sale has to be principly limited to sale in the northwest.  But you'll not find an incredible deal like this anywhere.

The details - As seen, this pair is finished in a beautiful cherry veneer, mirror-matched for the pair.  They are in as-new condition, except as follows.  When shipped to me, one speaker sustained a bit of veneer damage to the upper right corner.  (Thank you, UPS.  :()  I had this professionally repaired and I can't get the fix to even show up on a photograph.  The grill peg is also missing from this corner.  But, the grill fits firmly and smoothly, and of course doesn't show.  This peg could be replaced easily if someone wanted to go to the trouble.  If you look really carefully, you can see the veneer ding...if you know where to look.  They were also shipped with the (extra charge) Sound Anchor stands attached.  (A no-no.)  The other speaker had a couple of the stand receiver nuts work loose in the bottom of the speaker.  I simply screwed these in deeper, and the speaker stands straight and is firmly secure.  Neither of these damages affect the performance of the speakers in any way.  And they certainly aren't visible. 

All the drivers are in perfect condition and the cabinets are in great condition (other than as noted above).  Performance is wonderful.  These are THE most musical speaker I've had the opportunity to hear.

New, these speakers sold for $6100, which included $600 for the Sound Anchor stands.  This model has, just a couple of months ago, been replaced by Aerial Acoustics with the 7T...at $9500!  Yikes.  Here is the link to the Aerial website.  http://www.aerialacoustics.com/products/index.aspx  Below the specs are the pics. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The classic, graceful appearance of the Aerial Acoustics Model 7B is perfectly complemented by its articulate, full-range sound. Designed with a compact footprint and impeccably finished, the slender column of the Model 7B is ideally suited for listening environments where performance and quality are essential and a refined, understated appearance is valued.

The Model 7B is characterized by a transparent, open, natural sound, with precise imaging and full, expressive bass. Treble response is extended and remarkably smooth. Bass is communicated with power, authority, and character. Unrestrained dynamics and high power handling combine with subtlety and nuance to faithfully reproduce both music and film soundtracks.

An optional base is available.

All Aerial loudspeaker systems are designed and constructed with fanatical attention to quality and detail. Decades of design and manufacturing experience have taught us that craftsmanship and technology go hand-in-hand when creating products of uncompromising performance and genuine long-term value. World class manufacturing techniques and production equipment are employed, complemented by the work of skilled craftsmen when only experienced hands will do.

Aerial Acoustics. Every detail matters.

Cabinet Finishes »
Black Ash

Note: Representations shown are taken from photos of actual cabinet stock. Cabinet finishes vary due to use of natural, premium-grade veneers that differ somewhat in color and grain. Computer monitors also vary considerably in quality and color fidelity.

Specifications » Frequency Response: 35Hz to 22kHz ±2dB, -6dB at 30Hz
Sensitivity: 86dB at 2.83 Vrms and 1.0 meter on axis
Impedance: 6Ω nominal, 4Ω minimum, low reactance
Power Requirements: 50 to 350 watts (8Ω rating) recommended
Woofers: Two 7.1" (180mm) cast magnesium alloy frame drivers
Damped bilaminate composite cones
Large vented magnet structures with long-stroke coils
Midrange: 5" (125mm) cast magnesium alloy frame driver
Damped bilaminate composite cone
Vented magnet structure with linear stroke coil
Tweeter: 1.0" (25mm) precision titanium dome
Large magnet structure with deep rear chamber
Flared pole vent and 5 surrounding vents
Crossover: 400Hz and 2.7kHz at 24dB per octave
Independent filter assemblies on glass-epoxy PCBs
High-purity copper wiring and silver solder
Premium passive components
Cabinet: Minimum resonance 1" and 2" MDF walls
Extensive internal bracing. Tongue and groove joints
Mirror-imaged matched pairs in architectural veneers
Connections: Four gold-plated binding posts with copper jumpers
Bi-wire and bi-amp capable
Optional Bases: Rigid 14 lb sand-filled steel bases with spikes
Dimensions HWD: 43.0 × 8.5 × 15.5" (1092 × 216 × 394mm)
Weight Each: 95lbs (43kg) - 120lbs (55kg) packed

« Last Edit: 5 Apr 2011, 11:31 pm by Mudslide »

Mudslide

Re: FS: Beautiful Aerial Acoustics 7B Loudspeakers
« Reply #1 on: 1 Apr 2011, 02:21 am »
The 7B's were amongst the best measuring speakers as tested by John Atkinson at Stereophile.  Here is the review.  http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/952/index.html

I thought you all might enjoy seeing how the Aerials are put together.  Here is a big reason why they weigh in at 94 lb. each and why they're nearly resonance-free! (114 lbs. with the Sound Anchor stands.)  The 7B cut-away is on the front right.

Mudslide

Re: FS: PRICE DROP! Aerial Acoustics 7B Loudspeakers
« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2011, 11:32 pm »
Pre-tax season price drop!   :(

Temple

« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2011, 07:03 am »
This is a crazy price for a set of these. Someone better pick them up soon...

Great speakers for sure! I have the exact same set.

Mudslide

« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2011, 02:17 am »
This is a crazy price for a set of these. Someone better pick them up soon...

Great speakers for sure! I have the exact same set.

Thanks, Temple.  I'm trying.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #5 on: 8 Apr 2011, 02:51 am »
Someone SHOULD buy these, alright, you bet your dang skippy.

Temple

« Reply #6 on: 8 Apr 2011, 04:13 am »
Its hard to find a speaker company that builds cabinets like this. These are around 100 lbs each!

majorloser

« Reply #7 on: 2 May 2011, 01:29 am »
Will you come down and set them up in my theater?  :green: