Introductory Pricing on all WyWires Digital Cables Through May 15, 2011

wywires

Introductory Pricing is as follows:

USB: 1.5 meter or 5 feet for $259 and $150 per meter thereafter. Max. length 4 meters. Regular price after May 15 will be $329 and $180 per meter thereafter.

S/PDIF with Xhadow RCA ends: 1.5 meter for $299 and $150 per meter thereafter. Max. length 4 meters. Price after May 15 will be $369 and $180 per meter thereafter.

AES/EBU with Neutric XLR's: 1.5 meter for $269 and $150 per meter thereafter. Max. length 4 meters. Regular price after May 15 will be $339 and $180 per meter therafter. Xhadow XLR's add $100.

All cables are burned in for 48 hours prior to shipping at no additional charge. Shipping via USPS Priority Mail at a flat rate of $8.00.

To order, please email Alex Sventitsky at alexs@wywires.com or call 818 981 4706. As always, we offer a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee. No silly questions asked.

santacore

Nice Alex!! After hearing your USB, I can't wait to try out your S/Pdif cable.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
I'm doing the mailbox watch for my Wywires USB cable and quite frankly--I'm like a kid on Christmas morning! Everytime Alex sends me a cable my system sounds better because of it...looks like Saturday maybe...tick, tock..LOL

wywires

I'm doing the mailbox watch for my Wywires USB cable and quite frankly--I'm like a kid on Christmas morning! Everytime Alex sends me a cable my system sounds better because of it...looks like Saturday maybe...tick, tock..LOL

Saturday...USPS Priority is usually 2 days to the East. Maybe Monday at the latest. BTW, I'm limiting the length to 4 meters. Ed, that extra 3 feet was a RPITA!

eclein

• Volunteer
What makes it more difficult?? I'm curious-is it signal related or just the extra length is a pain to work with..??

wywires

What makes it more difficult?? I'm curious-is it signal related or just the extra length is a pain to work with..??

The extra length is a pain...not signal related. Although USB 2.0 does have a theoretical length limit of 5.2 meters. I compared your 4.6 meter cable with my 1.5 meter USB and the sound was identical to my ears. I'm making the cables by hand so the longer the cables the extra labor goes up exponentially.

eclein

• Volunteer
Got ya....I didn't know if cable length effected signal characteristics at all, I had heard some time back that either USB or HDMI had length issues. Must be USB because I see all kinds of extreme lengths of HDMI being sold. Thanks

tonyptony

No BNC I guess?

wywires

Not yet as I am still sampling different ones. To be honest, I'm not convinced that BNC is inherently superior to a good quality RCA such as the Xhadow.

Alex

Nels Ferre

FireWire 800?

Phil A

Not yet as I am still sampling different ones. To be honest, I'm not convinced that BNC is inherently superior to a good quality RCA such as the Xhadow.

Alex

Alex, for some it may be a matter of connectivity to their current equipment.  My Bryston BDA-1 DAC, for example, has 2 RCA and 2 BNC coax inputs.  I have a CD Transport (Marantz DV 9600), Squeezebox Touch, modded Oppo BDP-83 and an HDMI audio de-embedder where the HDMI comes out of the BDP-83 and gets converted to coax into the DAC (to get hi-rez PCM from SACD or DVD-A but the Oppo passes hi-rez PCM on DVD-A over coax so I could live with just the HDMI audiio de-embedder for SACD and DVD-A from the Oppo).

wywires

FireWire 800?

I just finished announcing three products that took a while to develop. Firewire is definitely on the agenda but not for at least 6 weeks.

wywires

Alex, for some it may be a matter of connectivity to their current equipment.  My Bryston BDA-1 DAC, for example, has 2 RCA and 2 BNC coax inputs.  I have a CD Transport (Marantz DV 9600), Squeezebox Touch, modded Oppo BDP-83 and an HDMI audio de-embedder where the HDMI comes out of the BDP-83 and gets converted to coax into the DAC (to get hi-rez PCM from SACD or DVD-A but the Oppo passes hi-rez PCM on DVD-A over coax so I could live with just the HDMI audiio de-embedder for SACD and DVD-A from the Oppo).

Connectivity while eliminating the need for adapters is why I'm planning on offering BNC. I'm looking into a variety of options now.

tonyptony

Connectivity while eliminating the need for adapters is why I'm planning on offering BNC. I'm looking into a variety of options now.

If you're considering BNC connectors then look to either Trompeter, Kings, or Amphenol. I can give you a couple of part numbers if you're interested.

wywires

If you're considering BNC connectors then look to either Trompeter, Kings, or Amphenol. I can give you a couple of part numbers if you're interested.

Thanks!  I looked at Amphenol, Emerson and Canare. I have about a dozen Canare BNC's here but I'm leaning toward Furutec. More expensive but worthwhile for a premium product.

Alex

tonyptony

I've seen the Furutech. Nice looking, but no Return Loss specified over a given frequency range. Only okay impedance tolerance (+/- 5%).

Phil A

The Furutec's look nice.  I've used Canare most of the time only since it is easy.  I used it for old component cables many moons ago on a high end DVD transport that had BNC and the '4' size fits Belden 1506a easily on a digital cable.  Vampire Wire ones look nice too.

wywires

I've seen the Furutech. Nice looking, but no Return Loss specified over a given frequency range. Only okay impedance tolerance (+/- 5%).

I ordered 10 Amphenol and 4 of the Furutech and along with the Canare's I have, I'll do a shootout. Again someone paying north of $300 for a cable wants something better than a $1.25 connector.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Again someone paying north of $300 for a cable wants something better than a $1.25 connector.
:roll:

wywires

:roll:

You think that a $1.25 connector is adequate for a $300 cable. I don't!