Help ! Is this old Minolta SLR gear worth anything ?

zeke

I am the original owner of this gear. It has sat in the camera bag for years. Gear was working well when i stopped using it many years ago.
I just put batteries in and it seemed to work fine. But its been so long i really don't remember how to operate it -- i would need to read the manual.

Anyhow ---- is this stuff worth anything ?
Any interest ?
zeke

see more pics in my gallery.

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
Re: Help ! Is this old Minolta SLR gear worth anything ?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2011, 08:15 pm »
Unfortunately, no.  The value of consumer-level 35mm SLRs (Nikon, Canon, Minolta) has plummeted, unless the lenses are fully compatible with DSLRs.

I say this with sorrow, because while I use DSLRs on a daily basis, my heart is with my Nikon F and F2s, and my Rollie TLRs.     :cry:

navi

« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2011, 12:38 pm »
it is worth something- you might get $10 on ebay for it.

Guy 13

« Reply #3 on: 1 Apr 2011, 02:48 pm »
Unfortunately, no.  The value of consumer-level 35mm SLRs (Nikon, Canon, Minolta) has plummeted, unless the lenses are fully compatible with DSLRs.

I say this with sorrow, because while I use DSLRs on a daily basis, my heart is with my Nikon F and F2s, and my Rollie TLRs.     :cry:
Hi thunderbrick and all Audio Circle members.
I now use a DSLR Nikon D200 and I am satisfied with it, of course a Nikon D3 or equivalent might be better, but I only take pictures to post on the Internet, therefore 10mpix is more than enough and sometime even too much, I have to do lots of pixel conmpression, but I have kept my Rollei SLX with 80mm + 150mm and my Mamiya 645E with 45mm + 80mm + 120mm macro + 150mm.
If I sell them I won't get much for them and since they still are in good working condition, I keep them as souvenir and sometimes even use them, however, films for medium format cameras is getting more and more difficult to get here in Vietnam.
A friend of mine gave me a SLR 50mm F1.4 that becomes a short bright tele (85mm) when it's attached to my D-200 DSLR.
By the way, here in Vietnam I am the exclusive distributor for Phase One (Mamiya) medium format DSLR and digital back up to 60mpix + but that's not for me, too expensive for me.
Guy 13 

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #4 on: 1 Apr 2011, 02:54 pm »
Do Minolta AF lenses fit Sony DSLRS?  If so, that could recoup some value for you, maybe $100 for the lenses,  YMMV

SET Man

« Reply #5 on: 1 Apr 2011, 03:26 pm »
Do Minolta AF lenses fit Sony DSLRS?  If so, that could recoup some value for you, maybe $100 for the lenses,  YMMV

Hey!

I'm a former Minolta user and now with Sony DSLR after Sony bought out Minolta camera department.

Yes, all Minolta AF lenses going back to 1985 will still work on all Sony DSLR including current model. But there are exception to a few lenses like macro zoom and powered zoom xi line that might not function fully on some Sony DSLR.

Minolta AF lens mount is call A-mount short for Alpha mount and this is why Sony named their line of DSLR "Alpha" to honor it Minolta SLR heritage. And the Alpha name have been use in Asia before that. I'm using Sony A700 DSLR right now with a few Minolta's prime lenses from the mid to late '80s and they still work and look fine.

From the picture I see that you have the 7000 of which was the world's first body SLR with body integrated AF. The 100-200mm zoom you have there is decent and should work fine with new Sony DSLR. Not sure about the zoom on the cam but look like 35mm-75mm or something like that, nothing special about that one I think but should still work with new Sony DSLR also. The flash is useless with new Sony DSLR though  :? Do you happen to have 50mm f1.7? If you do that is an excellent lens even by today standard, I still us mine sometime.

Anyway, like anything else 35mm SLRs the price of this drop dramatically. If you want to get rid of them eBay would be a good place but don't expect lots of money for them. I'm pretty sure some will buy those zoom. Just make sure that they are working and no scratched or fungus in it and mention that they will work with Sony DSLR.

Or you can keep them and pick up a Sony DSLR and use those zooms to get you started. :D Hope all of this help. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

zeke

« Reply #6 on: 1 Apr 2011, 04:40 pm »
Thanks to everyone for their replies and help.

zeke