CD player repair in Florida?

mikecole

CD player repair in Florida?
« on: 26 Mar 2011, 01:50 pm »
I have a Consonance CD120 Linear and the transport no longer spins up the disk. I am looking for a local repair shop as it would probably not be worth it to ship it to the distributor in Canada, besides which, I was planning on switching to PC based audio for my digital listening. I had planned on selling my CD player, but not quite yet   :(  If I cannot find a place to get it repaired inexpensively, I will just try to sell it as is. Hopefully, a DIYer or someone with a repair shop nearby will want it. Does anybody know of a repair shop in or near the central Florida area?

Thanks,
Mike

Photon46

Re: CD player repair in Florida?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2011, 02:55 pm »
Hey Mike, I live in central Florida as well and when my Marantz SA-11S1 needed repair, I had Plaza Electronics in Largo Florida make the repair. As mine was a warranty repair, they adhered to the business practice of refusing to accept anything but customer pickup and delivery so as avoid delivery service damage claims. Not sure about their policies if it's a non warranty repair. Not sure what your idea of an inexpensive repair is, but I'm sure any repair of this nature is going to run probably at least $150.00 if you need any parts. They were slow to repair the Marantz and it took two trips to the shop to get everything working 100%, so I wouldn't give them an unqualified thumbs up. However, they do appear to have qualified repair techs and access to a wide source of parts. You could also call Sweet Home Audio in Clearwater and ask Brian or Peggy if they can offer suggestions. Good Luck, Will

mikecole

« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2011, 02:06 am »
Will, thanks a lot for the info, I will check it out.

Mike

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2011, 04:05 am »
The guys from RHB dezign are nice people to deal with.
http://www.rhbsounddezign.com/