• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: American Idol 2011
« Reply #21 on: 5 May 2011, 11:14 am »

Marbles

« Reply #22 on: 5 May 2011, 01:20 pm »
Not sure why you have the eye roll....

Getting back on subject, I think Jacob will be out tonight.

ebag4

« Reply #23 on: 5 May 2011, 02:37 pm »
Not sure why you have the eye roll....

Getting back on subject, I think Jacob will be out tonight.
x2.  I thought he should have been eliminated instead of Casey last week.  I thought Scotty really crushed it with both perfomances last night.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #24 on: 5 May 2011, 04:36 pm »
American Idol, my somewhat guilty pleasure!  :oops:

I wouldn't buy much of the music I hear, but did get pretty stoked about Crystal Bowersox last year and bought her disc...pretty darn good for freshman effort!

My predictions; Jacob leaves tonight, if not him Haley. Last two standing will be Lauren and James.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: 5 May 2011, 04:38 pm »
American Idol, my somewhat guilty pleasure!  :oops:

Don't feel bad, you're one of 30 million doing the same.   :wink:

Marbles

« Reply #26 on: 5 May 2011, 04:52 pm »
My 16 year old daughter and I watch it together.  Last night and again tonight I will be helping her study for an AP Euro history test during the commercials.

Her life is so busy, we rarely spend much time together, except for watching Idol.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 5 May 2011, 04:54 pm »
My 16 year old daughter and I watch it together.  Last night and again tonight I will be helping her study for an AP Euro history test during the commercials.

Her life is so busy, we rarely spend much time together, except for watching Idol.

That's great!  Maybe you can get her to listen to your stereo wtih you after Idol is done.   :dunno:

Marbles

« Reply #28 on: 5 May 2011, 05:09 pm »
That's great!  Maybe you can get her to listen to your stereo wtih you after Idol is done.   :dunno:

She has my love of music, and she has a pretty good bedroom system (norh 9.0 speakers) but she has a heavy load in school (pretty much all AP or Honors classes, and plays on both volleyball (5'0" !!) and tennis teams.  She normally is studying after AI.  She got the sports from me, but I did not give her the drive to get good grades!

Matty_J

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
« Reply #29 on: 12 May 2011, 11:46 pm »
Haley did an amazing job last night, and this next week is going to be great!  A little flavor for everyone!
« Last Edit: 13 May 2011, 09:30 pm by Matty_J »

Marbles

« Reply #30 on: 13 May 2011, 01:07 am »
Crap!

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #31 on: 13 May 2011, 01:17 am »
Crap!

+1
Did not see that one coming.

Matty_J

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
« Reply #32 on: 13 May 2011, 09:32 pm »
whoa that was not the way it was supposed to go  :scratch:

Matty_J

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
« Reply #33 on: 17 May 2011, 08:13 pm »
Prediction for this week is that a girl has to go, because Scotty appears to have a significant fan base in country music. 

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #34 on: 17 May 2011, 08:32 pm »
Prediction for this week is that a girl has to go, because Scotty appears to have a significant fan base in country music.

Country and Jesus

richidoo

« Reply #35 on: 17 May 2011, 09:07 pm »
Country and Jesus
  :?

Yes, the Scotty fever is burning up here in central Carolina. I think Haley will go home Thursday. If Lauren pulls her nerves together she could win it, but I think that won't happen. After the summer tour she will be more confident, but her ego is not fully ripened yet. Incredible singer... she will be a force in the future.  It's been a great Idol season for a change.

finsup

« Reply #36 on: 17 May 2011, 09:28 pm »
I had Scotty, Lauren, and James in the Final 3 based on talent after the first couple of weeks.  My wife disagreed and thought it would be James, Casey, and Lauren. She said the country fan base for Scotty wasn't big enough to get him into the finals.

I have to admit, for the Americn Idol target market, I am surprised he's made it this far.  I figured Lauren was a gonner after Unchained Melody. 

I never did get the Pia thing.  I mean she is gorgeous, but closing my eyes to listen to her sing, I could not imagine buying a ticket to hear her in concert.

If Haley makes it, I hope her voice holds out. I actually enjoy her performaces the most next to James who should have stayed with rock and not screamed his metal tunes.  In my view, that is what did him in.

wushuliu

« Reply #37 on: 17 May 2011, 09:31 pm »
Country and Jesus

Pretty much. Don't watch the show too regular but once I saw Scotty was in the last 3, it became pretty clear. Sorry but the dude looks like he's 12. If his looks matched his voice, he'd be poised for stardom. Outside of a very narrow niche, I don't see how he's going to have much of a career. Even if only country, the stars are rugged manly-men. He's going to have to hit the protein shakes or whatever it is they gave Captain America. Ironically I believe jacob will end up the more successful career-wise. I look forward to hearing Scotty's voice in one of the many forgettable songs played in the theater before the movie starts.

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #38 on: 17 May 2011, 10:12 pm »
Pretty much. Don't watch the show too regular but once I saw Scotty was in the last 3, it became pretty clear. Sorry but the dude looks like he's 12. If his looks matched his voice, he'd be poised for stardom. Outside of a very narrow niche, I don't see how he's going to have much of a career. Even if only country, the stars are rugged manly-men. He's going to have to hit the protein shakes or whatever it is they gave Captain America. Ironically I believe jacob will end up the more successful career-wise. I look forward to hearing Scotty's voice in one of the many forgettable songs played in the theater before the movie starts.

I think if he stuck to old school country it would be pretty amazing actually, despite lower album sales, but I'm sure he will be pointed towards a more contemporary slick plastic sound. 

Matty_J

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
« Reply #39 on: 18 May 2011, 06:51 pm »

Yeah, totally looks 12!  Def not a manly-man but if he can grow into one..well the sky's the limit for him.  I think Lauren will take it for her amazing voice, but she reminds me too much of a past Idol winner...