Norh Tubed Phono Stage

KKG

Norh Tubed Phono Stage
« on: 27 Mar 2004, 12:19 am »
Has anyone tried this?  Any observations?  Tube/s change?

Thanks

Stampeder

What tubed phonostage?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2004, 03:41 pm »
I don't see anything on their website on it....

KKG

Norh Tubed Phono Stage
« Reply #2 on: 1 Apr 2004, 11:40 pm »
It is mentioned, however, only in the price list page.  Going for $295.

sceptic

Norh Tubed Phono Stage
« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2004, 01:27 pm »

shload

Norh Tubed Phono Stage
« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2004, 02:53 pm »
I mailed about this last week and recieved a reply listing only the ACA 2b as available.  JS

KKG

Norh Tubed Phono Stage
« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2004, 11:46 am »
Quote from: sceptic
http://www.norh.com/news/1103/index.html

Hi Sceptic, thanks for the link.

KKG

Norh Tubed Phono Stage
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2004, 01:55 pm »
Hello all

I've just acquired a version of this tube phono (MM only) and after a few hours of play time, I can safely say that it sounds much better, in many ways, then a well run-in Rotel RQ970 phono on MM.  The highs are superb and clean, even airy :) .  The mid range is also clean, liquid and clear, unlike the Rotel that sounded thickly veiled from mid band upwards.  Bass is where the Rotel may, YMMV, nudge it a little but this may be due to that this unit is new.

The record player is a Thorens TD166 II and the cartridge is the Linn Basik.  I've been suggested some tube and cap change but this will be at a later stage, if I feel it is necessary.

I'm playing some Edith Piaff and it sounds like an old tube system is in use though the rest of my amplification (pre/power) is SS.  The horns (?) on 'Padam Padam' sound so nice, so liquid that it makes me smile.

For rock/fusion/modern Jazz music fans, this may not be your cup of tea, it hasn't got the punch required for the ultimate omph; for the ultimate omph I prefer the DACT CT100, which is SS and in a different set-up tuned for rock music :mrgreen: .