Home Theater Equipment For Sale

TomW16

Home Theater Equipment For Sale
« on: 13 Mar 2011, 09:36 pm »
Home Theater Equipment For Sale:

I had a capacitor fail on my projector, which prompted me to upgrade to Blu Ray.  I am, therefore, selling my standard definition home theater equipment to help subsidize my new Blu Ray equipment:

Bravo D1 DVD Player  $30
This is a well regarded unit that with the “secret” codes could output a pure DVD signal through its DVI output.  These “secret” codes have been applied to this DVD player and were used to output a pure 480p signal to the IN72 projector in native mode, which is a good as you can get with standard DVD.

It was well known that the manufacturer under spec’d a capacitor that required replacing, which I did prior to operating the unit and it has worked without any issues.

The DVD player will ship in its original box with the remote, user manual along, with the “secret codes” that can be found on the AVScience thread (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=660701).  Please note that I did not apply the codes to make the player region free but it can be done easily.

Boston Acoustics AVP7 Home Theater Processor (Sherwood Newcastle P-965)  $250
Not too much can be said about the Sherwood Newcastle P-965 processor.  It is still one of the best sounding processors around.  I have the Boston Acoustics version but I needed to replace it since it does not have any HDMI inputs or outputs.

Unfortunately, this unit does not have the set up microphone so you’ll have to use a Radioshack SPL meter or something else to calibrate the speakers manually.

The processor includes the main remote control (similar to the MX500 series), a second zone remote control, and a hard copy of the Sherwood Newcastle P-965 user’s manual.

InFocus IN72 480p Projector  $150  SOLD
The projector has only 266 hours on its original lamp, which were on the “best” (i.e. low) setting so there should be thousands of hours left on it.  Reviews for the IN72 were very good (http://www.projectorreviews.com/infocus/play-big-in72) and I have seen the lamps for these projectors sell for higher prices than what I am asking for the whole projector. 

Please note that I had a capacitor blow, which I replaced with the same value but higher tolerance part from Mouser (0.1uF 450V 5%; part # 667-ECW-F2W104JAQ) and it powered on just fine and displayed an image.

The price reflects that this is a repaired unit.  It has the remote, original box, manual and CD.

Adcom 6000 Five Channel Amplifier  $150  SOLD
I bought this amp used for my home theater and ended up never using it.  It is rated at 100 watts into 8 Ohms for the front 3 channels and 60 watts x 2 into 8 Ohms for the rear surrounds.  It is a heavy amplifier with a large transformer.  This is an amp that was built in the USA when Adcom made its name in amplifiers.

The only issue with the amplifier is the red plastic jack housing on the right speaker channel is cracked and can come off.  It does not, however, affect performance.

Crown XLS 402 Two Channel, Bridgeable Amplifier  $150  SOLD
I am the original owner of this amplifier, which I purchased to run a subwoofer but never did so it was simply sitting unused.  It is rated at 300 Watts into 8 Ohms, 450 Watts into 4 Ohms and 570 Watts into 2 Ohms.  When it is bridged, it is even more impressive at 900 Watts into 8 Ohms and 1140 Watts into 4 Ohms.

Please note that this is a professional amplifier so it uses balanced XLR inputs.  If you do not have balanced outputs on your preamp, you will need adaptors to mate with RCA cables.  Below are some stock pictures of what it looks like.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions.  I accept PayPal and I’ll eat any PayPal fees.  If purchasing more than one item, I’ll also include shipping to the contiguous United States.

Thanks.

Tom
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2011, 02:49 pm by TomW16 »

yukiginger

Re: Home Theater Equipment For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2011, 11:55 am »
I'll take the projector and Adcom amp. Will PM.

Thanks.

Mark

TomW16

Re: Home Theater Equipment For Sale
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2011, 02:11 pm »
Thank you Mark.  I have sent you a PM with my PayPal email address.

Kind regards,
Tom