Best natural gas grill for under $1000?

martinr

Best natural gas grill for under $1000?
« on: 12 Mar 2011, 04:30 pm »
Hello -
I have moved into a new house that has a natural gas line outside that I can hook a gas grill into.  Can anyone give me some suggestions on a quality gas grill?  I'm trying to stay under $1000.00, would prefer a four burner that can cook at very low and very high heat, not longer than 6 feet wide - don't care about side burners.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

- Martin

mcgsxr

Re: Best natural gas grill for under $1000?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2011, 05:24 pm »
Not sure what the US$ MSRP is for a Napoleon PT450 II, but I have been using one for over 5 years now, and very happy with it.

hayden

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2011, 06:51 pm »
Whatever brand you pick, look into the ones with the infrared burner system.  I love mine - cooking and cleanup are great.

Jim

yamaha626

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2011, 10:48 pm »
there was a long disussion about grill last year
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=80733.msg773562#msg773562

gonefishin

« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2011, 08:28 pm »
Hello -
I have moved into a new house that has a natural gas line outside that I can hook a gas grill into.  Can anyone give me some suggestions on a quality gas grill?  I'm trying to stay under $1000.00, would prefer a four burner that can cook at very low and very high heat, not longer than 6 feet wide - don't care about side burners.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

- Martin

Hi Martin,

I'm not so sure I would buy a gas grill right now.  In he last very few years it looks like most manufacturers have really cheapened the quality of their grills.  Much thinner SS which isn't good for stability or keeping the heat in.  I've been keeping tabs on all the grills I could find and all of them at the hardware stores look to be the same cost saving quality.  This includes Weber, all the grills at Home Depot, Lowes, Sams Club...also Lynx and Viking are making very comparably cheaper gas grills now. 

My advice right now would be to pass on all the current gas grills made right now, with exception of the ridiculously priced Kalamazoo Grills.  They really do make a nicely built grill...quality in design and execution through and through.  I've got a large 5 burner Jenn-Air grill and was recently looking for a new one.  I've decided to get some replacement burners and deflectors (covered under lifetime warranty) and revamp the aging grill.  If I had to buy a new one right now I would get a Green Egg, Grill Dome, Kamado type ceramic grill/smoker.

Dan

david_t

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2011, 08:12 am »
I'm pretty sure it's available under $1000, and it also comes in a smaller cheaper model with one less burner. We shopped a bit before buying, and made sure it's all made of good stainless (went around with magnets, wouldn't stick to anything on this one). It was the best one we found for the price.

Chech this out: http://topbestprice.com/top-20-best-selling-natural-gas-grills/

Davit

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2011, 11:24 am »
I went through this same issue last year.  I kept replacing grills that were under $1k every couple of years as they would fall apart and parts weren't available anymore.

I purchased a Grill Dome from all the recommendations and I couldn't be happier.  We use it 3x a week and really enjoy it.
http://www.grilldome.com/

The thread that I started is here http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=80733.0

Marbles

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jun 2011, 02:13 pm »
I love my grill dome for weekend low and slow cooking, but use my Members Mark grill from Sam's Club, much more often.

I highly recommend both.