On Bryston's home page: What is great and what can be improved ?

vvv

James has written that Bryston's home page will be improved.

I here write some things I like with their current home page, and some suggestions for improvements.
http://www.bryston.com/

Other readers of this thread are encouraged to write their opinions.
Remark: I have nothing to do with Bryston: I am just a fan.

Comments on Bryston's current home page:
* 6 out of 6 points: Technical
   I love the detailed technical information Bryston gives on the Technical sheet of the homepage:
   http://www.bryston.com/BrystonSite05/BrystonDocs.html
   There I can find specifications, and also detailed information on the dimensions. The documents on schematics supports my view of
   Bryston being a serious company (although I have no use of the schematics).
   (Contrast this with the lousy information given by home page of the bling-fi brand Burmester, and the page of Souverign)
* 5 out of 6 points: The contact sheet.  Good. Could maybe have been more "fresh" (with some
   simple pictures or better layout).
* 2 out of 6 points: The newsletter sheet. Not useful and seems a little bit irrelevant.
* 5 out of 6 points: The products sheet. Easy to navigate.  Great text description. Suggestions
    for improvements: More pictures: with and without handles,  with silver finish and with black
    finish, rear pictures. And maybe a little bit more fresh look, but overall the sheet is good.
* 3 out of 6 points: The reviews sheet. Reviews (in general) are not so important for me, but for
    many they are. I would have removed the "From the trenches" part.
* 4 out of 6 points: The company sheet. I love the impressive user list.  The warranty part
   should be given even more focus on Bryston's home page.  More and better pictures could have
   been shown and more emphasis put on writing on the Bryston company, the history, emphasizing 
   that Bryston products  are of top quality, measures excellently etc.

Other things: The front page of the home page should have had a "fresher" look.

Overall conclusion
: 5 out of 6 points.
I think the home page is good as it is today and supports the feeling of Bryston being a serious company. The main improvement possibilities for the home page are (in my opinion) on making it a little bit fresher and include more pictures.

Best regards from a fan.

skunark

Technical:
Would like to see it updated to list all SST2 amps and the BDP, push legacy lineup on a second page.  Would also like to see the PDFs generated with high-resolution photos or have a gallery with those.  Publish the RS-232 and IR codes in a human readable file.
Some of the PDFs could be more consistent on the technical aspect with each other and the webpage.

Perhaps a link to this forum and a few youtube videos demoing the products.   

BrystonFan

I for one would like to see a section listing the current firmware versions for each respective product:
(not the actual file to download-but at least the latest version number)
SP1.7
SP2
BCD-1
BDA-1
BDP-1
That way we can contact James or designated source with our S/Ns and purchase info to obtain the necessary files.
 :thumb:

Stu Pitt

I like the site, I just think it could use a visual overhaul.

More pics of gear too.  All gear should have pics in all options - size, handles and colors.  And internal pics.

Make reviews easier to access.  I can't say exactly why, but I just don't like the way it is now. 

larevoj

Here is what I think:

1) Consider incorporating a user forum page right in its very own web page.
2) Possibility of removing the 'Newsletter' and create a link to facebook for constant updates from Bryston to fans and users on latest updates through product launch, shows, news, etc.
3) Simplifying the web page e.g. providing technical info of all current products in a easy access or view format and achieve discontinued product in separate links.
4) Perhaps redesigning the web page design including fonts used (bigger font size) and a neutral color page design but not warm which represent the company neutral presentation in sound quality - bluish tone seems a little too cold.
5) Help visitors to find information about Bryston easier by having a search function on the entire website.
6) Leverage Bryston strength and reputation in support by providing a Customer Support tab for product registration (not through dealership), warranty policy, service support related details, etc. 
7) Provide a tab for OEM details, tie-up, joint venture, etc.
8) Include videos of interviews, shows, setup, tips, marketing videos or product launch, etc for downloads.
9) Give tips and suggestions on upgrade path and Bryston system integration
10) Update the list of all Awards, Reviews, and Customer Feedbacks

I have more in my head...but I think the above should be the top ten  :thumb:

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
I like the site, I just think it could use a visual overhaul.
 I can't say exactly why, but I just don't like the way it is now.
IMHO with no disrespect intended:

Looks dated. Not "old-timey Grampa's tube radio" MacIntosh-dated or ironic retro-hipster Manley-dated but more like " we've been really busy building components and nobody's had time or inclination to pay attention to our corporate graphic image because we're a bunch of engineers, not a bunch of graphic designers "-dated.
Same deal with the literature. The layouts, the colours ( or lack of ), the font choices...Yowza !

Cutting edge design and build with Mad Men marketing.

You may all start flinging poo at me commencing...now.

D.D.

werd

The site navigates real nice but it looks sub - industrial. I don't like the blah feeling i get from it. James you need to get out the paint cans and whip your hair a bit...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKLymvwD2U

srb

A little infusion of color certainly couldn't hurt to take away the feeling one gets on a drab dreary overcast day.

It would be nice to see the correct capacitance when comparing amplifiers, such as between the 14B SST2 and the 7B SST2.  I thought the 7s were supposed to have double the capacitance, yet both are listed at 30,000 uF.

In fact 7 of the 8 amplifiers list 30,000 uF per channel.  Can that be right?  The 28B SST2 doesn't list capacitance at all.  It would also be nice to see a comparison chart of the amplifiers as opposed to having to go back and forth or open multiple windows.

Steve

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
I find the Bryston site to be very “bright,“ the same can be said for the AudioCircle format. I almost require sunglasses to view them both comfortably.

8)

Be well...   

Danberg

Spruce up the overall design of the website.  Looks so "bland" and industrial.  

Marketing wise, I'd feature the current "users"

Add many more photos of each product.  Show ALL options (photos) for each product.  Show insides of products, the backs.  Larger photos (or ability to enlarge them).

Update reviews.

PRELUDE

I have not been in Bryston site for a long time.I just took a look about few hours ago and could not find what I was looking for.
DO we have a link to AudioCircle on Bryston's home page?
It could be a good idea to add one if there is not with some updates from audio shows.
It would make it easier for international users to contact the company and probably there are a lot of users around that they do not know about it. :D

jaxwired

I love Bryston and I'm grateful to James for this forum and all he contributes.  With that said, the Bryston web site is pretty sad.  I'd give it a 3 out of 10.  I'm in the business.  I won't waste my time and yours listing the problems, it's just bad and anyone that disagrees is probably just seeing it through fanboy eyes.  Needs a major overhaul by a pro.  Just calling it like I see it.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
I love Bryston and I'm grateful to James for this forum and all he contributes.  With that said, the Bryston web site is pretty sad.  I'd give it a 3 out of 10.  I'm in the business.  I won't waste my time and yours listing the problems, it's just bad and anyone that disagrees is probably just seeing it through fanboy eyes.  Needs a major overhaul by a pro.  Just calling it like I see it.

...agreed!

al.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
I believe James has said there will be a new site. As to when, you'd have to ask him...

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
I believe James has said there will be a new site. As to when, you'd have to ask him...

Which is the exact reason this thread was started.
If you do not have anything to add could you please just STFU instead of polluting this entire forum with your white noise?!?

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Which is the exact reason this thread was started.
If you do not have anything to add could you please just STFU instead of polluting this entire forum with your white noise?!?

This isn't your forum. Go get your own. Until James says I'm no longer welcome, then I'll keep coming here.

Mad Mr H

I for one would like to see a section listing the current firmware versions for each respective product:
(not the actual file to download-but at least the latest version number)

Every bit of kit I have that is able to have a firmware update I can update my self - OR for those that dont like to do this others will help and the files are very available from manufacturer.

Bryston does not do this.

Maybe time for change?

To be honest what matters most is that I can hear Bryston products, the website I use for technical spec and information I would rather Bryston resourses spent on product than website...............

Several IT people have recently told me that websites will soon be a thing of the past!

It all about social network groups and company presence on those - You need to think of the next generation of Bryston owners.......

I vote for a firmware page.

Andy.

lanchile

*I would put in the specifications that bryston are all HANDMADE amps.

*I would "Bold" and put the 20 years warranty bigger.all this because there are not many companies that can do this.

*I would show a "VIDEO" or many "CLIPS" of different areas of the people at Bryston building the amps by hand and testing them. That way people can see that Bryston puts "pride" in what they build.

larevoj

Hi James, I think the APPLE kind of theme would fit pretty well where its simple in design and yet sleek in form and function.

It would also be cool to have videos on specific product group like the SST range where Stuart Taylor can talk about its concept how it has evolved over time.  :D

ancient hippy

id like access to the bryston product history data base so that i wouldnt have to bug mike or melissa every time something catches my eye on ebay.