Is this the beginning of the end for Tressel?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Is this the beginning of the end for Tressel?
« on: 9 Mar 2011, 05:20 pm »
Mark Schlabach really lays it on JT here.

For the record, Michigan's football team hasn't beaten Ohio State in 2,663 days.

But the Wolverines won on Tuesday.

At least they had fired their cheating coach.
  :o :o

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Re: Is this the beginning of the end for Tressel?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2011, 06:21 pm »
I am a buckeye fan and also a Tressel fan.  That being said, I am terribly embarrassed for Ohio State and for Tressel.  He made a huge mistake that will forever tarnish his legacy.  In addition, I didn't buy his explanation either.  However, at the end of the day, he is still the coach I want for OSU. 

Let's face it there is a huge hypocrisy and double standard that exists in sports at almost all levels but especially at the college/NFL level.  If John Cooper had done what Tressel did, I guarantee that he would have been let go the next day.  Why??  Because as good a recruiter as John Cooper was, he could not beat "that school up north".  As Cooper stated, "Michigan is just another game".  OSU would not be so charitable if Tressel had anywhere in between his current record and Rich Rodriguez's record.

I believe the NCAA is going to come down hard and make OSU forfeit all their games last season including the Sugar Bowl.  In addition, I think they will probably suspend Tressel for most if not all of the upcoming season.

The whole matter is very troubling and downright depressing for me as an OSU fan.

Randy

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2011, 06:33 pm »
and by the way... as for Mark Schlabach's assertion... :roll:

For the record, Michigan's football team hasn't beaten Ohio State in 2,663 days.

But the Wolverines won on Tuesday.

At least they had fired their cheating coach.

Make no mistake about it... the U of M fired R.R. because he did not turn their football program around.  NOT because he was cheating.

Randy

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 9 Mar 2011, 06:44 pm »
The Wolverines did not have any rings to pawn.  :lol:

It will be interesting what sanctions OSU gets when you consider what USC got for the Bush debacle. Forfeiting or vacating wins don't hurt, but 'ship reduction and bowl ban would definitely hurt.

Kinger

« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2011, 07:27 pm »
As a Columbus resident and a person who enjoys watching OSU, I'm saddened by this certainly.  Just seems like whenever OSU has any kind of success there are scandals that follow that tarnish those accomplishments.  Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we are punished via scholarship sanctions much like USC which will really put a hurting on the program long term and could possibly spell the end of the Tressel era.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #5 on: 9 Mar 2011, 07:44 pm »
The Wolverines did not have any rings to pawn.  :lol:

That's cold.   :nono:  Funny as hell, but cold nonetheless.    :lol: :thumb: