V-2 Kit and Flat Pack Sale!!!

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
V-2 Kit and Flat Pack Sale!!!
« on: 9 Mar 2011, 08:30 am »
The title says it all.
The V-2 sale is back! :dance:

At $1,295 the V-2's are an absolute STEAL, but for a limited time you can order the V-2 Kit for just $1,095!!!

To make this deal even sweeter, Fallen Enclosures is offering V-2 Flat Packs at $50 off the regular price through the duration of the Kit sale. The sale price on the V-2 Flat Packs is just $450!

That's only $1,545 for the combo folks. Don't miss out!

Here is a short list of what people have been saying about the mighty V-2's.

I now have a system that costs less than individual components in my 'main' system, and is more musical and fun to listen to. I've had them up and running for over 3 weeks now, so I've got about 300 hours on the crossovers - I don't know if they're going to change much more than this, but I still find the overall sound intoxicating.

As close to real as I've heard.  Still not "real", but then again, nothing in hifi is all that close.  This gets you closer.  I'm not a soundstage or imaging guy so I won't talk about that.  But I am a tone/dynamics/transparency guy, and these are just beautiful in those areas.  One of my previous speakers was the VMPS RM40's and the detail here is at least as good as them in my room.  Bass is far better, and dynamics are similar.  Not bad for a speaker literally half the size :)  For me (sitting nearfield) coherency is far better with the v2's.  Probably due to the Coax nature of the mids/highs. 

Hmm, I sense that you want more detail on the sound.  OK, here it is - Brahms.  If his second piano concerto moves me to tears, then it's a good system.  If not, then not.  The V2's allow me that experience.  Enough said.

I think this speaker is a huge bargain.  When you had them set up in the corner room at LSAF they were throwing a big soundfield that was so deep I had to squint to hear. Seriously, they were very big, wide and deep with a pleasing (read that: not hard or harsh) spectral balance.  If I weren't building my Super V's (finally) I would consider these for my room.  I liked what I heard... alot.

Dave

I heard these at LSAF also, and i came away with the same thoughts, these are VERY easy to listen to. They had alot of the same qualities as the Super V, in that they had a excellant balance and very good bass without the need for an external subwoofer. But the speaker and woofers being OB didnt overload the room, just had a very appeasing rich FULL sound. They of course didnt have the dynamics of the Supers but in this price bracket they are certainly a lone ranger. I also could eaisily live with these if i didnt already own OB/7's.

I liked what i heard alot too. These are a steal!
:thumb:  :thumb:

« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2011, 10:15 am by Outofthewoods »

Danny Richie

Re: V-2 Kit and Flat Pack Sale!!!
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:45 pm »
Yep, there needs to be more of these out there. So if you were on the fence it's time to get off of it. $1,095 for the kit plus Ruben's flat pack special makes this a really great deal. I am even going to edit the web page to reflect the sale price.

skeeter99

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2011, 07:20 pm »
Yep, there needs to be more of these out there. So if you were on the fence it's time to get off of it. $1,095 for the kit plus Ruben's flat pack special makes this a really great deal. I am even going to edit the web page to reflect the sale price.

Wanna take a set of Mini's on trade  :lol:

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 9 Mar 2011, 07:25 pm »
Wanna take a set of Mini's on trade  :lol:

I have too many speakers around here already. I can't start taking in any more.

skeeter99

« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2011, 07:26 pm »
I have too many speakers around here already. I can't start taking in any more.

I know, I was joking  :green:

Anybody want some Mini's  :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 9 Mar 2011, 07:32 pm »
I know, I was joking 

Oh I know.

saisunil

« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2011, 07:47 pm »
Two requests:
1. Can the driver be an upgraded to V1 and the Crossover adjusted to account for the V1 driver
2. Would like fully assembled unit ... I live in an apartment with little wood working still and no workshop

V1 is too big (even V2 is big enough) for a living room ...

Thanks
Sunil.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2011, 05:50 pm by saisunil »

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 9 Mar 2011, 08:48 pm »
1. Can the driver be an upgraded to V1 and the Crossover adjusted to account for the V1 driver

The V-1 uses a 12" driver (too big for the V-2).

2. Would like fully assembled unit ... I live in an apartment with little wood working still and no workshop

I bet we can work something out.

V2 is too big (even V2 is big enough) for a living room ...

The V-2 is a small floor standing speaker.

sl_1800

« Reply #8 on: 9 Mar 2011, 08:54 pm »
I lived with the V2 in my house for a month or so, it is a fantastic speaker.  This is a no brainer, if you let this sale go by you will be kicking your self.   :duh:

grimace

« Reply #9 on: 10 Mar 2011, 01:55 am »
So Ruben, this sounds like a great deal. Is the flatpack 3/4" unfinished MDF?  Do you have any more info/pics you can share?  Thanks

jparkhur

« Reply #10 on: 10 Mar 2011, 05:33 pm »
Danny,

How about a sale on the Super V too... Please.... Please..........

JP

saisunil

« Reply #11 on: 10 Mar 2011, 05:51 pm »
Thanks Danny ...
Would a V2 work in a small 9x9 room? Which has a sofa bed and a chair with small desk ...

Thanks

PS: This is bad! :green:

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 10 Mar 2011, 05:54 pm »
Open baffle speakers like the V-2 work great in small rooms and nearfield applications so long as you can get them at least 3 feet of the wall behind them.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 10 Mar 2011, 07:23 pm »
Hello,

I, along with 3 of the little ones, are at home battling a nasty flu virus. I will respond to your questions, PM's and emails as soon as I fell a little better. I'm on day 3 now so I should turn the corner on this thing pretty soon.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Ruben

jparkhur

« Reply #14 on: 10 Mar 2011, 07:25 pm »
Kids just spread it to each other and bring it home from school.just rotates in the home.... darn them... but still fun to have around...only if they could listen to better music...

JP

chip

« Reply #15 on: 10 Mar 2011, 08:04 pm »
Flu bug is going around - a bunch of people out at work......

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 11 Mar 2011, 07:40 am »
 Thanks
Sunil.

Hi Sunil,

Just sent you a PM. :wink:

Thanks,

Ruben

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: 11 Mar 2011, 08:06 am »
So Ruben, this sounds like a great deal. Is the flatpack 3/4" unfinished MDF?  Do you have any more info/pics you can share?  Thanks

Hey grim,

The Flat Pack's will be cut from premium super-refined MDF of various thicknesses. 1 1/4" for the side panels, 1 1/2" for the coax baffle, 3/4" for the subwoofer portion and 1/4" for the crossover plates.

They will be cut exactly as shown in Danny's V-2 enclosure plans.

As soon as I get the first order finished, I'll post some pictures.

Thanks,

Ruben

jn316

« Reply #18 on: 11 Mar 2011, 05:16 pm »
Gotta hold out for Super V, gotta hold out for Super V   :banghead:  :banghead:

jparkhur

« Reply #19 on: 11 Mar 2011, 05:41 pm »
Another PUSH for a sale on the Super V.......   Please   Please....
 :D :D :D
 :wink: :wink: :wink: