On my customers' recommendations...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
On my customers' recommendations...
« on: 7 Mar 2011, 04:53 pm »
I'm going to do something that no cable manufacturer in his right mind would do.  I'm going to plug another small manufacturer's products.

I have heard nothing but great things about Triode Wire Labs power cables when used with our BUSS series of of conditioners.  You can go here to see Pete's products:  http://triodewirelabs.com/index.html

In our discussions about cables and the market in general, I noted that there is no such thing as a one size fits all power cable.  Cables are the condiments for the final flavoring of the system.  We have cables that are very, very good, but are sometimes NOT what the chef ordered.  It is a pleasure to note that not only are Pete's cables very good and well received, but Pete is a gentleman in a sometimes hairy business.

It is also a pleasure to note that now there are 3 great choices for cables from gentlemen that will not screw you:  Ours (of course  :D ),  Electra Cables available from GR Research and Triode Wire Labs cables.  Like I told Pete, we are all in this together.  Make sure to support AC manufacturers and members when you can, please.

I love this place!

Dave

rogerdn

Re: On my customers' recommendations...
« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2011, 09:34 pm »
I'm going to do something that no cable manufacturer in his right mind would do.  I'm going to plug another small manufacturer's products.

I have heard nothing but great things about Triode Wire Labs power cables when used with our BUSS series of of conditioners.  You can go here to see Pete's products:  http://triodewirelabs.com/index.html

In our discussions about cables and the market in general, I noted that there is no such thing as a one size fits all power cable.  Cables are the condiments for the final flavoring of the system.  We have cables that are very, very good, but are sometimes NOT what the chef ordered.  It is a pleasure to note that not only are Pete's cables very good and well received, but Pete is a gentleman in a sometimes hairy business.

It is also a pleasure to note that now there are 3 great choices for cables from gentlemen that will not screw you:  Ours (of course  :D ),  Electra Cables available from GR Research and Triode Wire Labs cables.  Like I told Pete, we are all in this together.  Make sure to support AC manufacturers and members when you can, please.

I love this place!

Dave

Dave...bravo....yes this is one big reason I like doing business with you not to mention the exceptional gear. 

roger 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2011, 10:22 pm »

Dave...bravo....yes this is one big reason I like doing business with you not to mention the exceptional gear. 

roger
Thank you, Roger.  I look at the audio industry very differently than most people.  It is about the SOUND.  There are many ways to get THAT SOUND that we are all after.  To not recognize a good product that can complement my product would be intellectually and professionally dishonest.  The products that I offer are for specific applications, but may sound very good in other applications.  It all comes down to this: there are as many ways to get to Audio Nirvana as there are people that search for IT.  My way is one way.  Pete's is another.  The Electra cables are another, too.

See, we can play nice and share our toys.   :thumb:

Dave 

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2011, 12:21 am »

I love this place!

Dave

Dave,
You are a true gentleman as well as a very nice person!

I've heard only POSITIVE things about you & your products! I wish you continued success in your business.  :thumb:

I love this place, too!

Warmest regards,
Pete
http://triodewirelabs.com/

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2011, 03:53 pm »
 A wise choice indeed. To say we have tried numerous powercord offerings is an understatement. From Cardas to Virtual Reality.
  Our reference cord after all the demos was the Omega Mikro active. It had no peers in our opinion. ZERO.
  Triode Labs cords are now permanent residents in our system. Hard wired into the Loesch Preamp power supplies. Two 8ga for the monoblocks [ on the way] as well as one for the CDP.
  We are done with the powercord o the day. Along with the Alan Maher CBFs on the circuit breaker and wire bundle its heaven.
  When we buy the Uberbuss soon we believe our quest for clean power that does not affect the tonality or harmonic struture of our music will be had. Done, done and done.

Petes cords are KABOOMSKI  for the buck. Pangeas watch out. Triode Labs is a coming.

charles

hifiguy2008

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2011, 01:02 pm »
Hi Dave And Everyone!

Well I did it... I took the advice and purchased a set of Triode Wire Lab cables! I was hoping for a noticeable change, but what I got instead was a total revelation! If it hadn't been for Dave's incredible, mind-blowing, kindness toward a competitor (and all of us), I would have never have found these cables, whose price-performance ratio is off the charts. Amazing, all the way around.

If you're interested, here's the link to my thoughts and experiences in the "Cable Circle" area: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=92863.0

Peace Everyone!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2011, 03:11 pm »
Hi Dave And Everyone!

Well I did it... I took the advice and purchased a set of Triode Wire Lab cables! I was hoping for a noticeable change, but what I got instead was a total revelation! If it hadn't been for Dave's incredible, mind-blowing, kindness toward a competitor (and all of us), I would have never have found these cables, whose price-performance ratio is off the charts. Amazing, all the way around.

If you're interested, here's the link to my thoughts and experiences in the "Cable Circle" area: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=92863.0

Peace Everyone!
Pete does very nice work and his cables sound great.  I have a pair of his 8ga cables here and they rock!!! :rock:

Dave

jriggy

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2011, 02:01 pm »
I have an "Eight" from my RevB to the wall in place now and early impressions are fantastic! Greater texture and inner detail are present. The soundstage evened out and completely popped into place -- deeper, wider, even... Sorry to just use some standard vanilla terms here but its only been in place for a day and I am still digesting its wonderful synergy with my system (or with the BUSS?).
I tried a few cords in this location and they all  seemed to do something good, something just ok and something not so great... This one is very balanced.
Maybe its the extensive burn-in Pete did to the cord but it settled in and sounded great in short time.
My system is outfitted with Sablon Audio Robusto's to give me that added musical body, tone, grunt and black background I was after...and now the Triode Wire cord has brought that extra texture and openness that evens out the whole picture.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2011, 02:49 pm »
I have 4 now and probably will order the last and final soon for my preamp.  They sure do seem to support good sound.  I've never had PC's that have done much for me in the past. 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2011, 02:58 pm »
I have 4 now and probably will order the last and final soon for my preamp.  They sure do seem to support good sound.  I've never had PC's that have done much for me in the past.

And you've seen inside them all it seems.   :P

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #10 on: 29 Apr 2011, 05:44 pm »
I have an "Eight" from my RevB to the wall in place now and early impressions are fantastic! Greater texture and inner detail are present. The soundstage evened out and completely popped into place -- deeper, wider, even... Sorry to just use some standard vanilla terms here but its only been in place for a day and I am still digesting its wonderful synergy with my system (or with the BUSS?).
I tried a few cords in this location and they all  seemed to do something good, something just ok and something not so great... This one is very balanced.
Maybe its the extensive burn-in Pete did to the cord but it settled in and sounded great in short time.
My system is outfitted with Sablon Audio Robusto's to give me that added musical body, tone, grunt and black background I was after...and now the Triode Wire cord has brought that extra texture and openness that evens out the whole picture.

Thanks for the recommendation!
My pleasure, Riggster   :thumb:.  It is good to support another purveyor of quality audio gear even if they are a competitor.  Like my cables aren't appropriate for all applications I'm sure that Pete's cables have their limitations, too... just not at their pricepoints it seems.  He makes good stuff!

Dave

jriggy

« Reply #11 on: 3 May 2011, 11:38 pm »
My pleasure, Riggster   :thumb:.  It is good to support another purveyor of quality audio gear even if they are a competitor.  Like my cables aren't appropriate for all applications I'm sure that Pete's cables have their limitations, too... just not at their pricepoints it seems.  He makes good stuff!

Dave

True statement Dave. All cords have their limitations, and price point to performance. That point of justification is different for everyone. But their praise and price was a no brainer for me...
 I did not try your cords though. I probably should of.

~J

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #12 on: 3 May 2011, 11:50 pm »
True statement Dave. All cords have their limitations, and price point to performance. That point of justification is different for everyone. But their praise and price was a no brainer for me...
 I did not try your cords though. I probably should of.

~J
Well, yeah!   :duh:

Like I have said earlier in my posts, I build cabling primarily for specific applications:  the Mac Mini, the Tranquility SE DAC, my BUSSes or for specific purposes like for Art's room.  I have cables that are for general applications, but my forte' is one on one service working towards a goal.

Let me know when and if you want to try my cables.  There is that 30 day , money back thing, you know?   :thumb:

Dave

jriggy

« Reply #13 on: 4 May 2011, 01:24 am »
Well...:oops:

Although, I am starting a build of a dedicated room with the same guy Art used. SOOOOOO... Now knowing your specialty, maybe when its ready at the end of the year or so we can talk and find out what my needs might be.

Glad I know now Dave! :thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #14 on: 4 May 2011, 02:38 am »
Well...:oops:

Although, I am starting a build of a dedicated room with the same guy Art used. SOOOOOO... Now knowing your specialty, maybe when its ready at the end of the year or so we can talk and find out what my needs might be.

Glad I know now Dave! :thumb:
I'm ready when you are ready!

Dave

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #15 on: 9 Jun 2011, 04:12 pm »
   Dave your Digital PC rocks. In three systems with different Digital sources proved to me it is a winner.
   Used in conjunction with Triode PCs on the Rev B and amps a combo made in Heaven for me.
   Run don't walk , try some, you will not regret the decision.

charles

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #16 on: 9 Jun 2011, 04:31 pm »
   Dave your Digital PC rocks. In three systems with different Digital sources proved to me it is a winner.
   Used in conjunction with Triode PCs on the Rev B and amps a combo made in Heaven for me.
   Run don't walk , try some, you will not regret the decision.

charles
Charles, I am really happy to see that you like it!  I put a lot of time into those... of course the Furutech connectors don't hurt, either.   :D

Dave

TomS

« Reply #17 on: 9 Jun 2011, 05:11 pm »
Charles, I am really happy to see that you like it!  I put a lot of time into those... of course the Furutech connectors don't hurt, either.   :D

Dave
Pricing?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: 9 Jun 2011, 05:20 pm »

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #19 on: 10 Jun 2011, 04:17 pm »
Pricing?
Tom, here is a link to the current pricing.  The "digital cable" being referred to is the MPC/SourceOne TD - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=95062.msg949521#msg949521  Pricing is $399.00 with the Furutech connectors.

Your Uber will ship early next week  :D

Have a great weekend - I'll be working... as usual   :lol:

Dave