Speaker dilemma in computer room..help!

starkiller

Speaker dilemma in computer room..help!
« on: 6 Mar 2011, 07:08 am »

Ok, here is the situation, in a nutshell, I have too much stuff in my computer room.  Between books and cd's and stereo rack and the set of speakers and sub and the computer itself I don't have any room.  So, I want to dump the sub and get some more room.  But, if I do that, I will not get the bass I would like from the system.  The wonderful GRresearch N2X's are fantastic but I need the sub to augment them.  So, what to do?

That's why I have enclosed a few pics of what I am up against.  The speakers have to go where you see the N2X's now.  So maybe a bigger stand mount speaker, or floor standers. Problem is they have to be cheap, unless of course I trade or sale the N2X's and the ACI Titan sub.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

skunark

Re: Speaker dilemma in computer room..help!
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2011, 07:31 am »
pick up or build a bookshelf that will allow you to go two deeps with the books.    Maybe even a console style bookshelf where you can build smaller speakers stands that will sit on top.

If you wanted to keep the subs and regain a little floor space, you might consider the small maggies ( http://www.magnepan.com/model_MMGW) for wall mount.  I can't comment on the sound, but there is a 60 day trial.

JohnR

« Reply #2 on: 6 Mar 2011, 08:01 am »
I'm not sure I follow... where is the sub currently, I don't see it in the pics? Regardless, it looks to me like you can ditch the potplant and put the sub there.

starkiller

« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2011, 08:09 am »
The sub is the the right rear corner of the room, to the right and behind the monitor you see.  That's where the output was the strongest...

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 6 Mar 2011, 08:47 am »
Problem is they have to be cheap, unless of course I trade or sale the N2X's and the ACI Titan sub.

How "cheap" is cheap ? :scratch:

Also....what system equipment do you own now ?

starkiller

« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2011, 06:00 pm »
The system has a Niteshade tube amp, C-J PV7 tube preamp, Rega Planet cd player, Technics Sl-1200 Mk2 and Sansui TU-9900 tuner.  As mentioned, I could use the N2X's and Titan as trades but had forgotten that I also have a recently aligned and modded by Terry Dewick Scott 350B tube tuner with wood cabinet that the Sansui displaced.

charmerci

« Reply #6 on: 7 Mar 2011, 05:22 am »
How about putting the sub underneath your album rack?