Let's see your tubes!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: Let's see your tubes!
« Reply #180 on: 3 Jun 2012, 09:16 pm »
Can I win the headphones with AKG 702s?

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #181 on: 4 Jun 2012, 03:28 am »
Hey Steve,

I like the way they do it up in Canada - nice nudie shot (she has really nice symmetry). :thumb:

I guess this is the best photo I managed last night and my son stitched it together out of two (the long exposure for tube glow is way too much for the meter - took a quicker shot just for the meter to overlay the overexposed one).

I put the bars back on tonight. I'm gonna work on getting a really good shot. A smart person would write down the counts (total exposure & flashlight sweep time) - I guess I thought I'd remember.  :lol:

Hmmm, what do I need to do to get the photo here to look like the one on my PC? What I see in this post looks like crap by comparison.

*edited
I joined photobucket. This looks much better ;-).
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2012, 03:14 am by kevin360 »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #182 on: 4 Jun 2012, 01:55 pm »
A half dozen EL34's, some 12AX's, a frozen mug of brew and a bottle of Worcestershire sauce.  :scratch:

A while back I was telling a fella from Australia about the history behind the paper wrapped bottles of Worcestershire sauce. He had never heard or seen that. Instead of merely showing him a bland photo of the sauce, I had to spice things up a bit. That's what I had close by.
Kind of an odd combination of items in a photo...... :lol:

TrungT

« Reply #183 on: 4 Jun 2012, 02:49 pm »
frozen mug of brew + Tube + a bottle of Worcestershire sauce =  :thumb:

vortrex

« Reply #184 on: 4 Jun 2012, 03:39 pm »
Hmmm, what do I need to do to get the photo here to look like the one on my PC? What I see in this post looks like crap by comparison.

you need to upload the pic to a hosting site such as photobucket and then direct link to the image here.

JakeJ

« Reply #185 on: 4 Jun 2012, 11:36 pm »
Bottle, bottles, and more bottles!  We like it just fine, Bob.

ltr317

« Reply #186 on: 5 Jun 2012, 06:14 am »

A while back I was telling a fella from Australia about the history behind the paper wrapped bottles of Worcestershire sauce.

You got me curious Bob.  What is the history for the paper wrapped bottles?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #187 on: 5 Jun 2012, 12:45 pm »
Quote from the net:
The famous paper wrap. In 1837, Lea & Perrins first began exporting Worcestershire Sauce around the world by boat. The lengthy and often rough sea voyages caused some of the bottles to break. The practice of wrapping each bottle in a paper wrap was devised to protect the bottles and prevent damage during transit. Although no longer technically necessary, the custom has and the paper wrap has come to symbolize the rich heritage and premium quality of Lea & Perrins, a tradition dating back to 1835.

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #188 on: 5 Jun 2012, 02:16 pm »
Besides, 'Unwrap the Possibilities' would lose meaning if there weren't a wrapper. Have you tried other brands of Worcestershire sauce? I confess that I haven't - except, possibly (probably probably :lol:), at a restaurant.

Man, that glass of beer sure looks inviting! It's all about balance - warm tubes and cold beer.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #189 on: 5 Jun 2012, 04:08 pm »
No Sir, I've not tried any others. The beer helps for critical listening though.  :thumb:

Bob

ltr317

« Reply #190 on: 5 Jun 2012, 10:23 pm »
Quote from the net:
The famous paper wrap. In 1837, Lea & Perrins first began exporting Worcestershire Sauce around the world by boat. The lengthy and often rough sea voyages caused some of the bottles to break. The practice of wrapping each bottle in a paper wrap was devised to protect the bottles and prevent damage during transit. Although no longer technically necessary, the custom has and the paper wrap has come to symbolize the rich heritage and premium quality of Lea & Perrins, a tradition dating back to 1835.

The paper was enough protection to prevent the bottles from breaking? 

JakeJ

« Reply #191 on: 5 Jun 2012, 11:46 pm »

It was likely a much heavier weight paper in those golden times.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #192 on: 5 Jun 2012, 11:47 pm »
Aparently 100 years ago, it was.  :dunno:  :lol:

ltr317

« Reply #193 on: 6 Jun 2012, 04:29 am »
Aparently 100 years ago, it was.  :dunno:  :lol:

:lol:

ltr317

« Reply #194 on: 6 Jun 2012, 04:30 am »
It was likely a much heavier weight paper in those golden times.

Maybe with the thickness of a brick.   :D

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #195 on: 6 Jun 2012, 10:22 pm »
Seems to me, folding paper in the bottle was to protect the bottle from sunbathing, sauces can ferment if too warm.
With olive oil happens the same thing, it must be bottled in a dark glass bottle, because the light ''kill'' the nutritional qualities of the oil. :thumb:

Douger

« Reply #196 on: 12 Jun 2012, 02:08 pm »
Decware Zen Torii Mk III amp and Bottlehead Smack headphone amp

ltr317

« Reply #197 on: 12 Jun 2012, 04:04 pm »
Seems to me, folding paper in the bottle was to protect the bottle from sunbathing, sauces can ferment if too warm.
With olive oil happens the same thing, it must be bottled in a dark glass bottle, because the light ''kill'' the nutritional qualities of the oil. :thumb:

This sounds more logical to me.  Thanks.  :thumb:

Sonus

« Reply #198 on: 13 Jun 2012, 08:34 pm »
Cool thread!  :thumb:

Kr Audio

Einstein Audio

mca

« Reply #199 on: 23 Jul 2012, 05:08 pm »