Salk HT2TL or PSB Synchrony One

mr_bill

Salk HT2TL or PSB Synchrony One
« on: 26 Feb 2011, 04:52 pm »
Any heard them both?
I've heard the Synchrony One and was mightily impressed but have never heard the Salks.

OgOgilby

Re: Salk HT2TL or PSB Synchrony One
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2011, 06:41 pm »
You should check the "Owners Audition list" thread (or contact Jim Salk) to see if there are any HT2-TL owners near you.

When I was hunting for speakers I heard some PSB speakers (I don't remember which model) at an audio store near us and they were using some high end electronics with them (VTL amps and preamp). The PSB's sounded very nice, but they didn't impress me like our Salk HT2-TL's have. To have a fair comparison between the two, you should hear them with the same electronics and in the same room - I doubt that many (if any) people have done that with the Salk HT2-TL's and PSB Synchrony One's.

Good luck with your search.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2011, 08:00 pm »
My good friend has the PSB Synchrony one's and is running them with a pair of Nuforce 9 monoblocks, ARC  hybrid preamp and Marantz SA8001 SACD player.  They have a great sound with excellent bass and treble.  Awesome sounding speaker.  They like power though.  He was using a 125wpc Belles Hot Rod amp which sounded very good but the Nuforce amps made the speakers come alive. Much more dynamic.

I have heard the Salk Veracity HTR3's but not the 2's.  The HTR3's are in a class above the PSB's.  More depth and more resolving treble but they also cost $2k more.  (my friend paid $3500pr for the Synchrony One's online).

You probably can't go wrong with either speaker.

rahimlee54

« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2011, 03:25 am »
Before I got the HT2-TLs I auditioned the PSBs in question here.  They sounded good compared to everything else that was there, but the treble killed it for me.  I went and heard the song towers and liked those, so I went with the upgrade.  The PSBs weren't bad they just weren't for me, whatever tweeter they used and me didn't agree, the cymbals were just so loud.