Re: Get well Gary!
« Reply #140 on: 29 Mar 2011, 05:32 am »
^^^^^
Just following your lead.  :thumb:

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #141 on: 29 Mar 2011, 11:02 am »
Gary's name is on a couple of more prayer lists now as well.  I am checking with him to see if he has anything that he wants sold on audiogon or AC.  Get well soon.
Guy

pjchappy

« Reply #142 on: 29 Mar 2011, 03:41 pm »
For fundraising for Gary, please see this thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=93041.0 (some posts from here have been moved there).

Paul

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #143 on: 29 Mar 2011, 05:28 pm »
Well I had no idea that Gary was in the hospital, this is very sad. Gary may not want me to share this but I'm going to anyway, just shows the kind of guy Gary is.

My son has an obsession for Dodd gear, last year we were at a meet so of course my son wears his Dodd Audio t-shirt, he saw Gary and said "Dad, is that THE Gary Dodd"? I told him yes took him over and introduced him to Gary. Gary spoke to my son for a while and I remember my son walking away afterwards just beeming, thought he had met a real star-he was grinning from ear to ear! He talked about it several times on the trip home. A few days later I get an email from Gary asking about my son's interest in his gear and Gary said he wanted to do something for my son but wanted to make sure it was ok with me. Gary wanted to build my son a special preamp just for him! Of course I said it was ok, I was shocked. Gary is a great man and I'm saddened to hear of his condition.

Gary, if you're reading this know that you are in many peoples prayers and we are all praying for your speedy recovery!

Sincerely,
John

Danny Richie

« Reply #144 on: 29 Mar 2011, 08:09 pm »
I just spoke with Gary,

There is good news and bad news to share.

First of all, Trung got him a computer up and working and he just now saw some of these threads. He is truly thankful and was overwhelmed to tears. I can't tell you guys just how much of a relief it was in his voice to just not worry about how he was going to make ends meet for right now.

Likewise I am also moved by the generosity of the good people here on AC. It sure speaks volumes about the good people here.

Now, he just got a call from Parkland about 30 minutes ago. Since he was there for this first go around they took blood cultures to try and grow whatever bacteria was in his blood so that they can see what is causing the endocarditis. After two weeks they still didn't have anything, but they kept going with it. After three weeks they finally got a clear result, and just now called Gary to let him know.

It was mold spores. Gary has mold contamination. So they asked him if he lived in a house that was peer and beam and had any water damaged, etc. The answer was of coarse yes and yes. Gary lives in a rent house so it is not his. He has suspected the problem for some time now and now he knows for sure.

So on top of everything else, he has to get moved out of his house. Moving of coarse is an other big expense, so the generosity of the good people here couldn't have come at a better time.

Now he is going to have to find another place to live and to stay on Parkland's health plus care plan, he has to stay in Dallas county. So if anyone knows of a good place and or is willing to help Gary do some moving that would be great. He will really need the help. Right now he can barely pick himself up.

One a good note, he has been feeling better today. He manage to eat half a can of tomato soup. And Trung got him a Strawberry slush from Sonic and he is sipping on that.

He still has a mountain ahead of him, but the good people here have motivated him to start climbing. Thank you, all of you.

mono-tubeleosis

« Reply #145 on: 29 Mar 2011, 08:13 pm »
I've been away for a bit and I'm just now hearing about Gary.  I'm really sad to hear what's going on.  I wish you the best for a speedy recovery.

Larry M

Danny Richie

« Reply #146 on: 30 Mar 2011, 04:33 pm »
If any of you guys know of a reasonably priced rent house in a decent neighborhood in the Dallas county please let me know.

We need to get Gary moved out of the molding house ASAP.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #147 on: 30 Mar 2011, 04:41 pm »
Gary- Now that you can read this stuff and hopefully you are, you can do this!!! If I can do it you can do it...you just have to chip away a little at a time. Hang in there!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

carusoracer

« Reply #148 on: 30 Mar 2011, 05:04 pm »
Get Well Soon Gary!  You have the support of many and I wish you the best.

ecod123

« Reply #149 on: 31 Mar 2011, 06:19 am »
Glad they found the cause so now they can tailor a treatment regimen for Gary.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Gary! Take care.

mikeb

« Reply #150 on: 3 Apr 2011, 05:07 pm »
Just found out about Gary's illness and house problem  :( Glad to know he is on the road to recovery. If I can be of assistance in his move please let me know. I'm local and have been over to Gary's house a few times so I know the area. Has he found a new place to move into? If not I know someone who has rental houses in the Garland area and may have an opening....

Mike

Danny Richie

« Reply #151 on: 3 Apr 2011, 06:11 pm »
If not I know someone who has rental houses in the Garland area and may have an opening....

That is exactly what he needs.

I shopped on line for houses down there yesterday. Then sent Gary links to them.

One problem is Gary having the strength to go look at the houses.

His two real criteria (besides not being in a "bad neighborhood") is a house with a decent sized living room for listening. He has to be able to listen to various products that he is developing in a reasonable room. That's his job.

He also needs a house with a garage, and preferably a two car garage, so Gary can hook up and use the tools that he needs (like his Mill, drill press, table saw, etc). I for one look forward to him having the physical ability to use that stuff again.

Any help in finding something that will work for him will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #152 on: 4 Apr 2011, 06:17 pm »
Uh-oh, I just got back on here - been busy and in China and Taiwan.
Bad news about Gary.  Suggestion:  if a couple of guys could go look at some rent possibilities and take lots of photos, Gary could look at them and maybe narrow down to a couple to go look at.
I'll kick in $100 to help with moving expenses.
Get well soon, Gary and God bless!

persisting1

« Reply #153 on: 5 Apr 2011, 09:26 pm »
If he could get a place that's month to month, then this would allow him to find a house on his own once he's feeling better.  I sure wouldn't want to be stuck in a place for a year that I didn't like.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #154 on: 5 Apr 2011, 11:19 pm »
This is just really sad.  I've had the occasion to meet Gary last year at the Lone Star Audio Fest.  Seemed like a very decent fellow who loves this hobby.  Danny, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help him.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #155 on: 6 Apr 2011, 03:33 am »
Danny, I'm sending you a PM.

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
« Reply #156 on: 8 Apr 2011, 03:27 pm »
Well I have read alll the nice things all of you guys have posted. I must say in a big big big way thanks so much for all you support and prayers!!!! :thumb:
I still have a long way to go! I will get thru this and all of the support really helps :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I am working a little bit as I can but a long ways from full steam! I go the the doctor 3-4 times a week for the next 2 months or so, and that takes up a bunch of time. Thanks again for all the support!
Gary

nascar03

« Reply #157 on: 8 Apr 2011, 08:00 pm »
Gary.
Take small steps and get better...
We're all here to support in some way.
take care pal.......................graham

ebag4

« Reply #158 on: 8 Apr 2011, 08:40 pm »
Gary,
It is good to see you are feeling well enough to get on-line.  Baby steps, you have tons of positive energy and prayers being sent your way.

Best,
Ed

tasar

« Reply #159 on: 8 Apr 2011, 09:40 pm »
I second that Ed........God speed, Gary !!

Dave