Pangea inexpensive AC9 power cords

shadowlight

Re: Pangea inexpensive AC9 power cords
« Reply #20 on: 20 Feb 2011, 03:24 pm »
AC-14's $30/meter audio advisor.

Ed, is that price with some discount code?  I am seeing 49.99 for 1meter.

srb

« Reply #21 on: 20 Feb 2011, 03:30 pm »
Ed, is that price with some discount code?  I am seeing 49.99 for 1meter.

AC-14 is $29.99/1 meter and AC-14-Signature is $49.99/1 meter.

Steve

shadowlight

« Reply #22 on: 20 Feb 2011, 03:40 pm »

AC-14 is $29.99/1 meter and AC-14-Signature is $49.99/1 meter.

Steve

Thanks Steve.  Missed the Signature bit.  Did not realize they had two different kinds.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #23 on: 8 Mar 2011, 12:43 am »
Had the 9's awhile now and feel like I know more about their contribution in my system.  First up, agree that having the component near enough to the wall socket so you can coil the wire to create pressure on the socket or having a 2m cord to give you that option if not will secure the connection tightly. 

These plug directly into the bottom rear of my speakers (active speakers) about 20" off the ground so the weight of the cable pulls the plug downward and away from the socket.  Everything worked fine but this made me nervous.  So, I built a wee shelf under the rear of each speaker, sorta like a tongue blade, and put some dense felt blocks on top of it to elevate the plugs and hold them at right angles.  Problem solved.

I had said earlier than on symphonic music, opera, actually, that the players did their thing seemingly more effortlessly.  That has remained.  The cymbal splash on the opening of track of Kind of Blue is more free, less constricted, and with finer filagree to the information.  The longer I have listened, it seems as tho bass (deep bass) in general is fuller.  I can't say that it is more extended, it just has a more natural feel and quality about it.  I guess there is more or easier dynamic life is why.

This makes me happy. 

Elizabeth, if you see this, I couldn't thank you for your PM reply cause I keep getting a window that says something is amiss and has to close (?).  So, thanks for your reply.
« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2011, 03:25 am by jimdgoulding »

radiologic

« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2011, 02:48 am »
Recently I heard for the first time the big difference an aftermarket wire made on my preamp. It was an AR and it made that amp act brand new, and added gobs of soundstage and dynamics. It sounded just like new areas of the stage were being lit which had been in the dark before.

I soon had bought new power cords (Venom) for each of my components and a Hydra to plug them in to, and each new purchase had brought its own contribution to the sound picture.

I also filled in the gaps with some major interconnect upgrades to Harmonic Technology. Each of these has also added a new level of performance, some of which was unexpected, all good.

My point here is that one of the biggest changes I heard after that initial shock was when I installed the Shunyata SR Z1 duplex outlet. Some of the forums I've seen have told of small upgrades in outlets bringing major results. The Hubble thirteen dollar outlet is probably among the best of these. Hubble is who builds the SR Z1 for Shunyata. I can at least vouch for the terrific quality and the audible results of this one

jobrizzle7481

« Reply #25 on: 6 Jun 2011, 04:21 am »
I have been wondering about these cords ever since I have seen them in the audio advisor.  I have been looking for a cable to replace a stock on my Denon DVD player but am unwilling to spend the money for higher priced cords(Elrod, Gabriel Gold, Synergistic Research) like I have on my other equipment.  Maybe I will give them a try based off what I have heard here and possibly replace my cheap RCA HDMI cable as well. Thanks!