Outstanding

foilinoil

Outstanding
« on: 19 Feb 2011, 01:17 am »
I have been tweaking my audio system for over 30 years now. Wire, caps, tubes, connectors, circuits, the list is endless. I don't post on forums very often because changes are often small. My newest change elevated my system where it has never gone before. I bought and built the Hagerman Ripper. My plan was to move all my music to my hard drive including my albums. First step was to rip all my Cd's to the drive. Following the instructions for the Ripper I loaded Foobar200 as a music player. Listening to my music from the hard drive through the Ripper to my tube system is unbelievable. I have tried many DACs, but none can compare to the Ripper. Many times I have tried to improve parts of my system, I will never touch the inside of the Ripper again.I am so happy with my purchase, I have yet to rip an album, but I sure results will be what I expect or more. Soon as I brake in the phono section i will post the results.
                         Joe

bregez

Re: Outstanding
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2011, 02:05 am »
Unfortunately,  it appears the Ripper has suffered the same fate as the Castanet, discontinued.