Anyone Using Fidelia?

JohnR

Re: Anyone Using Fidelia?
« Reply #20 on: 18 Apr 2012, 09:43 am »
One very nice aspect of Fidelia is the way that it supports AU plugins. You can access the plugin UI just by clicking on the main UI. I'm experimenting with Fabfilter Pro-Q in Fidelia at the moment. (I think plugin verification needs to be turned off though.)

I feel that it sounds odd to say this, but there seems to be some element of "synergy" with different players and the rest of your playback chain.

lokie

« Reply #21 on: 18 Apr 2012, 11:45 am »
Would love to do EASY equalization with a player. Sure would be cool if a player would bake this in with maybe a few easy modes that you could preset and switch back and forth with a click- like maybe a Video scheme or a "night" scheme.

I have found Pure Music and their plug ins hard to work with.

If anybody is equalizing w Fidelia... I would be interested in your comments.

JohnR

« Reply #22 on: 18 Apr 2012, 12:13 pm »
Have you looked at the presets in Fidelia? (top left of the settings screen of the plugin)

Crimson

« Reply #23 on: 18 Apr 2012, 12:48 pm »
I feel that it sounds odd to say this, but there seems to be some element of "synergy" with different players and the rest of your playback chain.

Not odd at all. The player is another component in the system.

dB Cooper

« Reply #24 on: 19 Apr 2012, 04:21 pm »
$10 seems a bit steep for a remote app, but having said that I'll probably buy it nonetheless  :duh: Fidelia is a nice app but the giant interface needs work (a smaller-yet version, along with the option to add/remove effects from within the 'mini' player interface would be nice)

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Fidelia has quit working for me. :(
« Reply #25 on: 2 Sep 2012, 06:53 pm »
Fidelia has decided to quit working for me.  No audible output from my MacBook Pro, OS10.7, USB out to USBstreamer installed in my DAC.  Library of high rez music that all previously played no longer do.  They will play through puters built in speakers, but no audio system output.  Audio Midi Setup plays left and white white noise through audio system using USB out, USBstreamper and our DAC and system.  Fidelia says it is playing, but no audio output at all.

What am I missing?  This is driving me kinda more dingy than usual.

Oh yes, USBstreamer plays music through system with other music players, but they do not have as useful an interface as Fidelia.

Oh yes, USB streamer works just fine connected to a PC with its free driver software installed.

Help or suggestions appreciated.

Did something change between OS10.6 and OS10.7?

Frank Van Alstine

rlee8394

« Reply #26 on: 3 Sep 2012, 05:20 pm »
Frank,

This may seem obvious, but make sure that you have the proper output selected in System Preferences>Sound. If you can hear audio out of the internal speakers, than change the out put to the connected USB device. See screen shot below.

Ron

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #27 on: 3 Sep 2012, 05:36 pm »
Yes, I do have USBstreamer selected in the Sound Preferences window as you show.

The problem seems to be that the output from Fidelia is somehow getting disturbed so that it is not recognized by the USBstreamer.  Since the system does play the left and right test white noise signals from MIDI utility, that perhaps some incompatibility has cropped up with the Mac OS.

Frank

srb

« Reply #28 on: 3 Sep 2012, 05:43 pm »
Check to make sure that the audio output in Fidelia itself isn't overriding the default audio output set in OSX sound preferences.

Fidelia > Preferences > Output > Audio output:

Steve

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #29 on: 3 Sep 2012, 09:57 pm »
I have the USBstreamer selected in Fidelia but still no music out.

Note that the white noise does play through the audio system from the MIDI utility which means the Mac is putting out a USB signal that the USBstreamer and our DAC can recoginize and play.

Just no music out of Fidelia.  Either there is a bug in the most recent version of fidelia or with Mac OS7.4.

I tried to file a bug report at Fidelia but no response from them a week later.  Something strange is going on here.

Frank

srb

« Reply #30 on: 3 Sep 2012, 10:00 pm »
I would then try to reinstall Fidelia and see if that might correct the problem.

Steve

dB Cooper

« Reply #31 on: 3 Sep 2012, 10:15 pm »
Frank, try again with their support, I got an automated reply immediately and a human-being response within a day or so recently.

You mentioned you are going into your DAC; does the same problem plague the analog port? I am currently using a borrowed O2 headphone amp with the built-in DAC and found that iTunes would output to the USB DAC but VLC and Fidelia didn't (even with the system setting as described earlier). VLC had its own option to select the ODAC in the headphone amp as the output device (which worked) but I had to use Audio Hijack Pro to get the audio from Fidelia into it. If you have AHP, see if that helps as it did for me.

FWIW, it seems to me that the whys and hows of audio management in OSX could be a lot clearer. Maybe Crimson or one of the other OSX gurus here could give a primer to someone like me.

mathgeek97

Re: Fidelia has quit working for me. :(
« Reply #32 on: 4 Sep 2012, 12:42 am »
Did something change between OS10.6 and OS10.7?

Yes.  Apple changed the core audio drivers so that integer mode is no longer available.  I'm not so familiar with Fidelia, but check the settings to see if there is a way to switch from integer mode to floating point mode.

dB Cooper

« Reply #33 on: 4 Sep 2012, 01:56 am »
I have used Fidelia successfully with 10.7 except for the fact that the latest Fidelia update broke my 32-bit Canz3D headphone crossfeed plugin.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #34 on: 4 Sep 2012, 01:35 pm »
I can't even put in a support request to Fidelia.  When I hit "submit" my text disappears and there is no response from them at all.

I have tried this six times with no response from them at all.

They are one screwed up company.

If one of you out there can successfully contact Fidelia, please ask them to call me at 651-330-9871.  See early in this thread for why.

Frank Van Alstine

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: 4 Sep 2012, 02:10 pm »
I can't even put in a support request to Fidelia.  When I hit "submit" my text disappears and there is no response from them at all.

I have tried this six times with no response from them at all.

They are one screwed up company.

If one of you out there can successfully contact Fidelia, please ask them to call me at 651-330-9871.  See early in this thread for why.

Frank Van Alstine

support@audiofile-engineering.com

avta

« Reply #36 on: 4 Sep 2012, 02:13 pm »
I sent them an email on your behalf.

Guy

avta

« Reply #37 on: 4 Sep 2012, 03:27 pm »
Frank    Support answered me saying they have been trying to reach you without success
Guy

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #38 on: 4 Sep 2012, 05:17 pm »
That is strange,

I did contact them using the e-mail address given above and gave them my phone number, street address, e-mail address, web site, everything except my fallout shelter address.

I did hear back finally and they say "they are working on it".  I have asked them to call so we can walk through the setup real time.

I am going back to the system to try a few more things now, such as does it work with the optical output from the Mac and or does it still work with the USB to Coax Kingrex external adaptor.

Thanks for the help, but still no success.

Frank

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #39 on: 4 Sep 2012, 06:50 pm »
I ran a few more tests early afternoon.

MacBook Pro through optical output into optical input on Fet Valve DAC using Fidelia works just fine. I thought Mac was 96K limited on optical out, but is playing 192 stuff fine. Is Fidelia automatically downsampling or what?

USB out from MacBook Pro to Kingrex UC192 stand alone external USB to SPDIF coax adaptor into coax in on Fet Valve DAC also works just fine with Fidelia at all bit rates up to 192/24.

Neither mindsp Ministreamer (96K max) or USBstreamer (192K max) work at all.  However Apple MIDI utility plays test tones through USBstreamer board.  Just no music.  With USBstreamer, Fidelia says the tune is playing (timer counting, level bars moving).  With Ministreamer Fidelia just does not play at all, just sits there.

All devices recognized by computer and allow audio output to set to whichever is in use.

Very very strange.

Frank