"Passion" tops $295 mil

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
"Passion" tops $295 mil
« on: 21 Mar 2004, 11:41 pm »
It just bumped out "The Sixth Sense" for the 18th spot on the list of the top domestic box office flicks.  Pretty decent given it's budget.  Looks like it could easily earn half a billion dollars before it's done (domestic + overseas + home market + TV rights/merchandise).

Johng316

"Passion" tops $295 mil
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2004, 09:54 pm »
Rob,
I expect more than half a bil once DVD sales are calculated.  Every Christian I know (including myself) will buy at least one copy of the DVD.  Churches will buy the DVD and use it as an outreach.  This is a film that will continue to grow its earnings for years to come.

Congrats to Mel, who had the courage to do this amazing film.

John G

ooheadsoo

"Passion" tops $295 mil
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2004, 10:14 pm »
This film has been incredible in the box office, and I think it's mostly us Christians going out to support it, which is pretty incredible.  Some say that Hollywood might try to make some of these films now to make some green.  :roll:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
"Passion" tops $295 mil
« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2004, 12:42 am »
Yeah, but Hollywood would make "Noah's Ark" into an action flick and cast "The Rock" as Noah.

ooheadsoo

"Passion" tops $295 mil
« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2004, 12:58 am »
Yeah, I was thinking that the lack of sincerity would probably be palpable.  Like Scorcese's temptation.

NY Times loves Temptation but hates Passion.  Good one.

Woodsea

"Passion" tops $295 mil
« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2004, 02:27 am »
Kudos to Mr. Gibson.  That was alot of green or you may say tything to give to his lord.  I believe his God is smiling down upon him, eh!?
I will be purchasing this movie, though I am stingy and will buy unseen. :wink:
Peace

MaxCast

"Passion" tops $295 mil
« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2004, 12:36 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Yeah, but Hollywood would make "Noah's Ark" into an action flick and cast "The Rock" as Noah.

:lol:

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
"Passion" tops $295 mil
« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2004, 01:00 pm »
My church has the Mel Gibson interview on line - I just listened to it.  Quite a brave testimony - probalby the biggest/only movie star to ever have spoken out like that. :)