More time lapse - Ice melting

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
More time lapse - Ice melting
« on: 7 Feb 2011, 05:24 pm »
Ok so this is just slightly better than watching paint dry, but I'm still playing with the toys.

This is my deck yesterday. I've shoveled all the snow off, and this is the ice underneath.
350 images at 20 fps. Nikon D200 with the 18-55 kit lens.

http://vimeo.com/19644927

nathanm

Re: More time lapse - Ice melting
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2011, 06:07 pm »
Your time lapses are becoming a little less lame and boring each time, Bob!  Keep up the good work! :P

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2011, 06:23 pm »
HA HA !  :finger:

Thanks Nathan.  :thumb:

Maybe one of these days I'll get enough of these "shorties" all stitched together and made one decent one with some audio.

Bob

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2011, 08:59 pm »
20 fps? ... oh, that's in the movie. What was the original rate?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2011, 09:14 pm »
One shot every 60 seconds.

Bob

Levi

« Reply #5 on: 8 Feb 2011, 04:24 am »
Nice Bob!  Keep it up.  Your video is fun to watch.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 8 Feb 2011, 04:34 am »
Your time lapses are becoming a little less lame and boring each time, Bob!  Keep up the good work! :P

Yeah, I'm waiting to see his next project and where he's ultimately going with this... perhaps 9 months of embryonic growth in a 2 minute time lapse - can you have that ready for next week, Bob? :fishing:

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #7 on: 8 Feb 2011, 05:18 am »
My favorite amateur time lapse was done by a friend who mounted his movie camera between the driver's and passenger's seats on a VW microbus and filmed through the windshield at around one exposure every 15 seconds for half the way across Canada. The Trans Canada Highway across the prairies and toward the foothills at 900 mph with the clouds rolling across at a mind bending speed accompanied by Kraftwerk as a soundtrack was very entertaining.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 8 Feb 2011, 02:10 pm »
Levi, thank you!  :D

Chaser, Yea, I'll whip up time lapse special for you. It'll start as an acorn, grow into a massive oak tree, then harvested, aged, and ultimately crafted into a nice set of speakers.
Give me a couple days.  :P

Russell, I've seen similar, and those are very interesting. A buddy of mine on another forum is a self proclaimed "time lapse fanatic". Recently, he mounted his iPhone on the dashboard of his car. The roughly two minute 26 second video shows his entire day driving the snowy city streets of AB Canada. The quality of the iPhone was remarkable.

Bob

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 8 Feb 2011, 03:12 pm »
>> HERE << is his iPhone video if you're interested.

Bob

Wind Chaser

« Reply #10 on: 8 Feb 2011, 04:26 pm »
A buddy of mine on another forum is a self proclaimed "time lapse fanatic". Recently, he mounted his iPhone on the dashboard of his car. The roughly two minute 26 second video shows his entire day driving the snowy city streets of AB Canada. The quality of the iPhone was remarkable.

That was only an hours worth of driving at the most. The video was shot on the North side of Edmonton.  Having grown up and lived in that city for 35 years, I recognize almost every frame, including the hospital where I was born in and the school I went to. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 8 Feb 2011, 04:55 pm »
I think he said he was running errands or something to that effect, not necessarily driving all day.