Offramp 4 overlock question?

werd

Offramp 4 overlock question?
« on: 4 Feb 2011, 05:35 pm »
Hello Sir

I notice on the website there are two overclock upgrades available. One that is 44/88/176KHz and the other is 44/96/192 Khz. Both are $800 bucks.

I also notice that my dvd audiorips are at 88khz (well a lot of them). The downloads i get from HD tracks are 96khz typically. My question is how does commiting to one upgrade effect the other sampling rates? If you get the 88/176KHz upgrade how would the offramp see my  hd tracks that come in at 96KHz?

Sorry if this has been answered already, i looked but didnt see the question anywhere.

audioengr

Re: Offramp 4 overlock question?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2011, 11:47 pm »
Hello Sir

I notice on the website there are two overclock upgrades available. One that is 44/88/176KHz and the other is 44/96/192 Khz. Both are $800 bucks.

I also notice that my dvd audiorips are at 88khz (well a lot of them). The downloads i get from HD tracks are 96khz typically. My question is how does commiting to one upgrade effect the other sampling rates? If you get the 88/176KHz upgrade how would the offramp see my  hd tracks that come in at 96KHz?

Sorry if this has been answered already, i looked but didnt see the question anywhere.

For async USB interfaces one clock covers 44.1/88.2/176.4.  The other covers 48/96/192.  If you want both groups to sound the best, then upgrade both clocks.  They are independent.

Steve N.

werd

« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2011, 04:13 pm »
For async USB interfaces one clock covers 44.1/88.2/176.4.  The other covers 48/96/192.  If you want both groups to sound the best, then upgrade both clocks.  They are independent.

Steve N.

Thanks, thats good to know.

claytontstanley

« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2011, 06:26 pm »
Steve,

If you use software to change the sample rate of all of your audio to 96 & 192, would you recommend upgrading only the 48/96/192 clock, or is this not too common / not recommended? I guess this question applies to the new overdrive as well.

Thanks,
-Clayton

audioengr

« Reply #4 on: 5 Feb 2011, 06:39 pm »
Steve,

If you use software to change the sample rate of all of your audio to 96 & 192, would you recommend upgrading only the 48/96/192 clock, or is this not too common / not recommended? I guess this question applies to the new overdrive as well.

Thanks,
-Clayton

If everything you are playing is 48/96/192, then only upgrade that clock.

Frankly I previously upsampled everything, starting with Foobar SRC on-the-fly and then later Wave Editor on Mac changing the files.  Now that I have the Overdrive DAC, I dont find the need for it anymore.  Even 44.1 sounds great.

Steve N.

slee

« Reply #5 on: 9 Feb 2011, 01:12 am »
Steve                                                                                                                                I own an OR3 with the Superclock 4, the audio midi on my mini is set for 24/96.  You'd recommend the standard clock for the  other sampling rate and set the SC4 for 96?  What's the turnaround for a conversion from the OR3 to the 4?  Thanks, Steve.

audioengr

« Reply #6 on: 9 Feb 2011, 05:06 am »
Steve                                                                                                                                I own an OR3 with the Superclock 4, the audio midi on my mini is set for 24/96.  You'd recommend the standard clock for the  other sampling rate and set the SC4 for 96? 

Yes.

What's the turnaround for a conversion from the OR3 to the 4

If you are just converting your Superclock and not adding a second upgrade clock, then its 1-2 weeks.  I have all of the parts in stock.  $350 for the upgrade, $100 for the new panels and $100 for the Superclock conversion.  Panels are optional, but good for resale.

An upgraded OR3 is identical to a new OR4.

Steve N.

Newk Yuler

« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2011, 08:41 pm »
Is it possible/beneficial to apply your Superclock mod on an existing Off Ramp 3 (w/ Superclock4, obviously).  Cost?

audioengr

« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2011, 09:47 pm »
Is it possible/beneficial to apply your Superclock mod on an existing Off Ramp 3 (w/ Superclock4, obviously).  Cost?

I'm afraid not.  It is strictly for the Off-Ramp 4.  Different voltage.

Steve N.