Removing seemingly imbedded "streaks" in Piano finish VR-7s

JackD201

Re: Removing seemingly imbedded "streaks" in Piano finish VR-7s
« Reply #20 on: 16 Feb 2011, 05:04 pm »
Aerogel is still around Gavin. VSA has its stash of custom drivers (5s,7s,9s, 11s) and there's still off the shelf models available from Madisound and others. Nothing toxic about the drivers themselves, not any more toxic than a triple A battery in the trash. Probably a lot less so.

EU is just really strict about the environment. Even lead solder I heard has been banned.

BigSwede

« Reply #21 on: 16 Feb 2011, 10:41 pm »
EU is just really strict about the environment. Even lead solder I heard has been banned.
But not smoking...at least not as of 2008 when I was there.

fplanner2000

« Reply #22 on: 16 Feb 2011, 11:00 pm »
Hey Jack-

The ONLY way I'd even BEGIN to consider those 11's is if you offered to throw in those VAC 450s  :icon_lol: 

My 7's now sound seriously excellent, especially since I caved and got the ultimate 1-box CD/SACD APL Hifi NWO-M Esoteric conversion from Alex P.  Different level from anything I've ever heard, at any price.  Rivals and sometimes even beats vinyl, according to some..... and I'm only at about 200 hours of a 500+ hour break-in  :D

JackD201

« Reply #23 on: 17 Feb 2011, 01:22 am »
But not smoking...at least not as of 2008 when I was there.

Amsterdam?  :lol: :lol: :lol: Hey! That's a thought! Let's all go visit Cor (and a couple of coffee shops)  :nono:  :lol: :lol: :lol:

JackD201

« Reply #24 on: 17 Feb 2011, 01:24 am »
Hey Jack-

The ONLY way I'd even BEGIN to consider those 11's is if you offered to throw in those VAC 450s  :icon_lol: 

My 7's now sound seriously excellent, especially since I caved and got the ultimate 1-box CD/SACD APL Hifi NWO-M Esoteric conversion from Alex P.  Different level from anything I've ever heard, at any price.  Rivals and sometimes even beats vinyl, according to some..... and I'm only at about 200 hours of a 500+ hour break-in  :D

Hey there Harve, great to hear you've got lots of hours under the new APL's belt  :thumb: Sorry to derail your thread.

It was Gavin's fault!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

fplanner2000

« Reply #25 on: 17 Feb 2011, 02:30 pm »
Jack-
You will be able to hear my system if you come to RMAF this time.  It doesn't sound too bad for my living room. 

I also noticed you failed to respond to my offer to take those bloated, inefficient, off-key 450's off your hands along with the 11's.  In fact, I might be persuaded to let YOU keep the 11's and I'll just take the 450's :icon_lol:

Back on thread - the streaks are almost gone using the Sandusky.  I'm going to try the auto wax suggested by diamonds, probably this weekend if I have time.  (I just hope it doesn't make my speakers sound like a Buick).  Thanks all for your answers to this question.

JackD201

« Reply #26 on: 17 Feb 2011, 03:35 pm »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll pass your message on Harve!

I won't make RMAF this year either. I have to go to Europe at that time. I intend to catch CES though but plans aren't firm yet.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #27 on: 17 Feb 2011, 04:54 pm »
Here's the deal: Albert has agreed to not build automobiles if the UAW agrees to stay out of the speaker business.  But hey, I could go for a cash for 'electroacoustic transducer' clunker program  :thumb:  8)

Delacroix

« Reply #28 on: 19 Feb 2011, 04:36 pm »

Back on thread - the streaks are almost gone using the Sandusky.  I'm going to try the auto wax suggested by diamonds, probably this weekend if I have time.  (I just hope it doesn't make my speakers sound like a Buick).  Thanks all for your answers to this question.

Glad to hear the guitar restoration cleaner and several rounds of  elbow grease have helped.  It certainly works on my old guitars. Now if someone could just bottle elbow grease :)

fplanner2000

« Reply #29 on: 20 Feb 2011, 01:51 am »
Thanks again, D :thumb: