Extracting DVD-A Disks to computer for playback

lupodwdm21

Extracting DVD-A Disks to computer for playback
« on: 4 Feb 2011, 02:32 am »
I have a ton of DVD-A disks that I have collected over the years.  I have turned one of my PC's into a music server for my CD's but i can't find a reliable way to extract my DVD-A disks to my server.  Does anyone know any software that will do this for me?  If this is the wrong forum please feel free to move it.  I can provide proof of ownership of all these DVD-A disks.

Thanks,

Carl

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
Re: Extracting DVD-A Disks to computer for playback
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2011, 02:33 am »
Your in the correct circle, look at http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=69151.0

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2011, 04:36 am »
You came to the right place.  Welcome to the HiRez Circle.  :thumb:  I've put together, with the help of all our hirez loving Audio Circle gang, some primers (how-to's) on ripping hirez, etc.  Mark (golfugh) pointed you in the right direction.  If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or there.  Enjoy.

lupodwdm21

« Reply #3 on: 6 Feb 2011, 05:38 am »
The DVDA Explorer software works AWESOME! Not the greatest interface but it shows all the nyquist info you could need and and works super fast.

The sound of Bjork - Vespertine in 96k/24b in a set of digital JBL LSR4328P studio monitors with matching sub was magical.  Brought me back to the days of mixing on the Genelecs at platinum post.  The digital room correction and built in DAC's are amazing.  For around $2,500 you can have a SICK 2.1 system.  Basically I just took the s/pdif output from my ProFire 610 at 96k straight into the left JBL and daisy chained all the others from that one.  Ran the room calibration, double checked it with the software provided for my computer and was ready to go.  I actually replaced a set of Dynaudio monitors with these monsters so I HAD ALL THE DIGITAL CONTROL OVER MY SETTINGS.  Of course the Dynaudio's have a TINY but sweeter mid-range but the JBL's do everything else so much better it was no contest.

Monitors: http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/General/Product.aspx?PId=28&MId=5

Sub:  http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/general/Product.aspx?PId=110&MId=5

Mike Nomad

« Reply #4 on: 6 Feb 2011, 05:57 am »
+1 on DVD-A Explorer. After learning that the Mac version does not work correctly, I finally got around to installing it on a Windows machine (An ASUS netbook, running Windows 7 Ultimate). Wonderful software, and now I can access the music the way _I_ want to.

DigiPete

• Hearing is Believing...
« Reply #5 on: 6 Feb 2011, 06:39 am »
dvdaudioextractor works like a charm to rip audio from DVDs and DVD-As

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #6 on: 6 Feb 2011, 02:39 pm »
Yes, both products work well.  DVD Audio Extractor, the prefererred DVD-V audio ripper, only recently in the past couple of years got full DVD-A capabilities...so either of them are appropriate for DVD-Audio (MLP).  I still use DVD Audio Extractor for DVD-V (Neil Young Greatest Hits, etc) 24/96.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2011, 11:32 am by ted_b »

djmckaytx

• Legacy Whispers, Legacy Amps, Grover Cables
« Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2011, 04:30 am »
Absolute greatness...the end to a LONG search for me.   :D

bfr1992t

« Reply #8 on: 15 Feb 2011, 05:51 am »
dvdfab, foobar2k with the dvd-a watermark detection plugin