fm3 circuit boards.

baddog1946

fm3 circuit boards.
« on: 31 Jan 2011, 11:31 am »
Hi Bill Thomas:
I want to restore a couple (2) of FM3 tuners to original stock condition I have left over from a Chauncey Epperson motherboard rebuild.
I was wondering if you still have the separate boards for sale for the FM3?
I could use two sets of all three boards if available. Please forward any response to me at: geomcgolrick@yahoo.com
cheers
Baddog1946

dmag

Re: fm3 circuit boards.
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2011, 10:35 pm »
Bill,
If boards are still available , I too am interested.
thanks,
Steve

denny9167

« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2011, 03:35 am »
Hi Bill Thomas:
I want to restore a couple (2) of FM3 tuners to original stock condition I have left over from a Chauncey Epperson motherboard rebuild.
I was wondering if you still have the separate boards for sale for the FM3?
I could use two sets of all three boards if available. Please forward any response to me at: geomcgolrick@yahoo.com
cheers
Baddog1946

I am currently working on a set of PCB's for the FM-3,the only problem at this moment is that you can't have the silkscreening without the soldermask,because one would need to remove at least part of or all the solder mask in order for the ground plane on PC-7,and PC-8 to make contact with the chassis,but I have posted some artwork for the PC-12 board,I've tried to stay as close as I could to the original silkscreening,I hope to order these this week,since the FM-1 I'm currently restoring have some faulty traces.

denny9167

« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2011, 04:48 pm »
I am currently working on a set of PCB's for the FM-3,the only problem at this moment is that you can't have the silkscreening without the soldermask,because one would need to remove at least part of or all the solder mask in order for the ground plane on PC-7,and PC-8 to make contact with the chassis,but I have posted some artwork for the PC-12 board,I've tried to stay as close as I could to the original silkscreening,I hope to order these this week,since the FM-1 I'm currently restoring have some faulty traces.

Here is the artwork for PC-12

denny9167

« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2011, 02:18 am »

baldrick

« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2011, 04:38 pm »
I made these.
And also did the "silkscreen".
I suppose I could make more if someone wanted them.

I've also got a PC8-MX board (the IF board) made but no pics as of yet.

denny9167

« Reply #6 on: 25 Feb 2011, 09:22 pm »
I made these.
And also did the "silkscreen".
I suppose I could make more if someone wanted them.

I've also got a PC8-MX board (the IF board) made but no pics as of yet.

They look great!! Nice job!

I noticed the ground plain you inserted on the PC-12,I'm wondering why it wasn't done on the stock boards?

denny9167

« Reply #7 on: 25 Feb 2011, 09:23 pm »

Got the e-mail, the PC-12 boards will be here on Monday,I will post pics,when I get them.

baldrick

« Reply #8 on: 26 Feb 2011, 04:17 am »

They look great!! Nice job!

I noticed the ground plain you inserted on the PC-12,I'm wondering why it wasn't done on the stock boards?

Probably because it wasn't required.  But since I was fiddling with the artwork anyway (I was intent on  making all the traces wider than stock) I figured it would not hurt to add it in.  Besides it makes the boards easier to etch when there's less material to remove.

denny9167

« Reply #9 on: 1 Mar 2011, 02:46 am »

Received the boards today, I've got most of the board populated,I had to wait on a couple of components,because I ordered wrong parts,everything fit,the tube sockets were a little tight but they still fit,I love the through hole plating,makes a huge difference. below are some pics.

denny9167

« Reply #10 on: 1 Mar 2011, 02:58 am »
PC-7 Artwork

baldrick

« Reply #11 on: 4 Mar 2011, 12:41 am »
I like it.  Who made those boards for you?

denny9167

« Reply #12 on: 4 Mar 2011, 03:09 pm »
I like it.  Who made those boards for you?

I had them made through ExpressPCB, They do nice work. The only issue I have with their service now is the ability to route square holes.

denny9167

« Reply #13 on: 6 Mar 2011, 06:26 am »
Here's the underside,love these plated through holes,makes soldering easier and neater.

denny9167

« Reply #14 on: 30 Mar 2011, 02:02 am »
Here the completed PC-7 board,I still have a few more components to solder in,I didn't order enough,I replaced a couple of the old comp's with new replacements.