2011 Oscar Nominated Films

Bigfish

2011 Oscar Nominated Films
« on: 26 Jan 2011, 01:33 pm »
I just finished browsing the USA Today this morning and the head-line article in the Life Section was about the 83rd Oscar Nominations.  The following films topped the list for nominations:

The Kings Speech -- 12 Nominations

True Grit -----------10 Nominations

Social Network -----  8 Nominations

Inception ----------  8 Nominations

This is an impressive list and for the first year I can remember I have actually seen all of the top nominated films!  In fact USA Today makes the statement, "Bonus: Fans have seen the films and are ready to root."

Ken

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: 2011 Oscar Nominated Films
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2011, 03:30 pm »
Ken...

Since you've seen all the films....which film do you think will get the Academy Award for Best Motion Picture ?  :scratch:

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2011, 03:47 pm »
Didn't see True Grit but out of the other three, The Kings Speech deserves best picture. 

Bigfish

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2011, 01:22 am »
Ken...

Since you've seen all the films....which film do you think will get the Academy Award for Best Motion Picture ?  :scratch:

If the voters are not impacted by box office receipts I believe they will award The Kings Speech as the best picture and award Colin Firth with the best actor award. 

Ken

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2011, 02:21 am »
If the voters are not impacted by box office receipts I believe they will award The Kings Speech as the best picture and award Colin Firth with the best actor award. 

Ken

+1! :thumb:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2011, 09:40 am »
I just know I'll be disappointed if Hailee Stansfield doesn't win one.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2011, 02:47 pm »
I just know I'll be disappointed if Hailee Stansfield doesn't win one.
She will be the sentimental favorite, but I think Melissa Leo's performance in The
Fighter is the best performance. 

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2011, 08:50 am »
I guess I've only seen one of the movies up for best picture (True Grit).  While I have Inception I haven't got around to watching it yet.  Odd- it doesn't look like the kind of film that's usually nominated.  But I guess the Academy is making an effort to include more populist and genre films.  Since LoTR won it the field is probably more open for other types of films.

No slight to any of the other actors nominated, but if Bridges were to win again it wouldn't be undeserved.  Was he always this good and I just didn't notice it or has he grown into one of the most exceptional actors working today?  He so completely inhabits the role of Rooster Cogburn that at no point in the film did it occur to me that I was watching an actor or that the role could ever have been played on anyone else.  It seems he doesn't act, he just is.  Amazing.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jan 2011, 10:16 am »
I guess I've only seen one of the movies up for best picture (True Grit).  While I have Inception I haven't got around to watching it yet.  Odd- it doesn't look like the kind of film that's usually nominated.  But I guess the Academy is making an effort to include more populist and genre films.  Since LoTR won it the field is probably more open for other types of films.

No slight to any of the other actors nominated, but if Bridges were to win again.............

It's Colin Firth's year and his turn.  I am willing to bet!!!!!!! The King's Speech the film has also been gaining momentum, so best picture is probably also in the bag.  :thumb:

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #9 on: 1 Feb 2011, 01:21 am »
The "Social network" will probably win the best picture...but "The king's speech" is standing on his way.  :scratch: