Audition in Fort Worth?

brj

Audition in Fort Worth?
« on: 19 Mar 2004, 09:24 am »
Hello everyone!

My brother and I have both been reading up on various VMPS speakers for a while now, and would like to finally hear the real thing.  He'll be visiting me in Fort Worth late next week, so it seemed like a good time to find out what VMPS audition opportunities existed in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.

So... any DFW area AC'ers have a spare hour or two in which they would be willing to show off their VMPS pride and joy?

I know the RM30 is at the top of our audition wish list, but I'd be surprised if there were any in the area yet.  We'd be interested in hearing any of the other RM series speakers as well, floor standers especially.

(Of course, auditioning the RM/X would be a real thrill, but it isn't a realistic purchase option for either one of us at the moment.  Hmmm... if we sold off some other stuff, we might be able to afford a pair between us... do you think the stereo effect would be impacted at all by a 1000 mile separation between speakers? :D )

Many thanks to anyone that can help out!

-Brian

Sedona Sky Sound

Audition in Fort Worth?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2004, 08:30 pm »
Hello Brian,
I am the exclusive Texas dealer for VMPS and SST. Any time you can make it down to Austin I would be more than happy to let you sit and listen to the RM/Xs or RM40s as long as you would like. In many cases, I can also bring speakers (the 626R in particular) to you. I typically take my 626Rs and/or electronics to Houston or San Antonio at least once a month for in-home demos. Unfortunately, my schedule is already booked so I I will not be able to make the trip to the DFW area for the next few weeks. I realize it will not help your brother, but I would be happy to brings some toys up in mid/late April if you are not able to find a local VMPS owner by next week.    

There are currently no RM30s in Texas but I think there are at least two pairs of RM40s floating around the DFW area. I am not sure who currently has them but a search here and on AVSForum should bring them up.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail or PM. Thanks.    

Julian
www.sedonaskysound.com

Xi-Trum

Audition in Fort Worth?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2004, 06:45 pm »
I'm in Frisco.  Got the rm40.  PM me.

brj

RM40 audition
« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2004, 04:11 am »
Quote from: Xi-Trum
I'm in Frisco.  Got the rm40.  PM me.

Oops.... meant to be a PM.

-Brian

brj

Audition in Fort Worth?
« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2004, 08:21 am »
Julian, you have a PM as well... thanks!

-Brian