Can the Frybaby burn HDMI, Firewire & USB cables?

gooberdude

Can the Frybaby burn HDMI, Firewire & USB cables?
« on: 9 Jan 2011, 09:10 pm »
I searched the archives here and couldn't find any info.

Is there an issue with using the frybaby with digital cables, like USB, Firewire & HDMI?

anyone figured out a good way to connect them?

Any assistance is appreciated

matt

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Can the Frybaby burn HDMI, Firewire & USB cables?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2011, 09:20 pm »
No.  RCA and speaker cables only. 

You can hookup caps and stuff like that.

gooberdude

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2011, 05:59 pm »
Never say never JT!   And you forgot to mention that ac power cords & components can be burned in with the Frybaby.

I shot an e-mail to JH, after ordering a FryCorder...and his response was 'hmmmm, havent tried before, maybe'

Sorry to be annoying, I've been re-bitten by the burning bug   :o

I think i figured out a way to do both current & voltage burns on a Firewire cable, and maybe USB.  I have some cheapo cables to experiment with at some point, just need the right connectors/adapters.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2011, 06:10 pm »
Never say never JT!   And you forgot to mention that ac power cords & components can be burned in with the Frybaby.

I shot an e-mail to JH, after ordering a FryCorder...and his response was 'hmmmm, havent tried before, maybe'

Sorry to be annoying, I've been re-bitten by the burning bug   :o

I think i figured out a way to do both current & voltage burns on a Firewire cable, and maybe USB.  I have some cheapo cables to experiment with at some point, just need the right connectors/adapters.

I made a typo as it should've read cables (general).  I used to use mine for cables and some caps.  Heck I even used it for equipment once. 

As long as you're willing to get creative, you can use it for just about anything...

gooberdude

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2011, 10:03 pm »
Its easy to daydream about crazy uses for the Frybaby. For example, the power cords for my TV, computer, fridge, microwave, stove, W/D are all thick & heavy gauge.  i wonder    :lol:

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with the FryCorder?  Seems like a ridiculously usefull tool, but i can't find any reviews or mention of it.  I ordered one for posterity, plus i hate waitin for cables and the FryBaby can't do +, - & E at the same time (for 3 prong ac cords).

Edit:  My guess is that the frycorder will burn in all the appliance cords too.  very interesting.   Any truth to this?