Got it on Video!

Mag

Got it on Video!
« on: 6 Jan 2011, 01:13 pm »
I'm sending my BCD-1 in for service. Its been turning on numerous times by itself after I power down. Knowing that I would not be believed I decided I would try to video it with my camera. Never used the video mode before so it is out of focus, but I actually caught the unit turning on. No doubt there will still be skeptics as it is out of focus and people may claim I have a second remote.

The problem is the file is HD and I can't get it to run on this computer. How should I upload it and where so people can view it?

It runs on my laptop which I don't have connected to the internet. :|

brucek

Re: Got it on Video!
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2011, 04:35 pm »
Just upload it on youtube and post the link.

Mag

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2011, 07:33 pm »
Okay, finally got video uploaded to Youtube, took forever!

What your watching.

The cd player has locked up and no longer responds to remote commands after stopping randomly on song track #9. I place the remote on the unit to show I'm not touching it. I then power down the unit to clear chip memory and reboot.

The unit shuts down and powers up unassisted playing track #9 on cd, that it had stopped on. I then shut down unit again and it remains off not powering up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AylbJSnj5bA

BrysTony

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2011, 07:42 pm »
Maybe the BCD-1 is rebelling at having to play Neil Diamond  :lol:
Tony

Mag

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan 2011, 07:46 pm »
Maybe the BCD-1 is rebelling at having to play Neil Diamond  :lol:
Tony

No, I play ELP- Show that never ends the previous night and couldn't get through the disc. I powered down numerous times and it powered up just like as in the video. 8)

Ozi

• If it don't weigh enough, it can't play enough
« Reply #5 on: 7 Jan 2011, 07:47 pm »
Mag, why spend time, take it to your dealer.

oz.

Mag

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jan 2011, 07:48 pm »
I'm waiting for my new BDA-1 to arrive. 8)

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #7 on: 7 Jan 2011, 11:05 pm »
Mag, why spend time, take it to your dealer.

oz.

Or send it up to BRYSTON.

budt

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jan 2011, 01:29 am »
  Have  you called "Ghost Busters" ?

1ZIP

« Reply #9 on: 8 Jan 2011, 09:35 pm »
I'm sending my BCD-1 in for service. Its been turning on numerous times by itself after I power down. Knowing that I would not be believed I decided I would try to video it with my camera. Never used the video mode before so it is out of focus, but I actually caught the unit turning on. No doubt there will still be skeptics as it is out of focus and people may claim I have a second remote.

The problem is the file is HD and I can't get it to run on this computer. How should I upload it and where so people can view it?

It runs on my laptop which I don't have connected to the internet. :|

It's going to be interesting to hear what Mike or Dennis finds...let us know.

1oldguy

« Reply #10 on: 8 Jan 2011, 10:08 pm »
Well just picked up mine today. 8)

rob80b

« Reply #11 on: 8 Jan 2011, 10:15 pm »
Hi Mag

I've got a few CDs that play games with my BCD, but going into standby (power down) does not reset the BCD-1, you need to unplug the unit if you have not done so already. Unfortunetly some of the CDs with the gremlins usually just reproduce the oddities if played again.

Robert

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #12 on: 8 Jan 2011, 10:39 pm »
Are those CDs with Cd-Rom content? I would think some could mess with the Bryston, as it seems to have complex programming in there. I know the dealer was clear on turning it on a certain way and letting it sit til it settled, to work correctly. Trying to use it instantly would lock it up.

Mag

« Reply #13 on: 8 Jan 2011, 11:13 pm »
Are those CDs with Cd-Rom content? I would think some could mess with the Bryston, as it seems to have complex programming in there. I know the dealer was clear on turning it on a certain way and letting it sit til it settled, to work correctly. Trying to use it instantly would lock it up.

In answer to you and above posts. As I've said all along I believe the problem to be a poltergeist as there have been other strange incidents in the past in my home. I don't expect them to find a ghost in the machine or have it turn on after its been shutdown. :?

However there is a possibility something fried in the unit as I had this electronic smell a week or so ago. But still things don't turn on by themselves. I know the unit shutdown as I can hear the faint sound through the speakers when it goes off.

All my cds are cd-r backups. Those particular cd-r all worked which I played many times before. If I do encounter what I think is a defective disc I burn a new one. The unit turning on goes back as I had made a comment in a post awhile ago.

I did unplug the unit that night but did not solve the problem and I even hit the kill switch to power conditioner.  8)

werd

« Reply #14 on: 9 Jan 2011, 10:16 pm »
Mag bring it over to my house and i bet you it doesnt do that anymore. You have too much power clutter i think goin on. Its causing fluctuations and interferance resulting in your bcd bugging out. Thats my take on it.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #15 on: 10 Jan 2011, 01:23 am »
"As I've said all along I believe the problem to be a poltergeist as there have been other strange incidents in the past in my home."

It definitely could be much worse and most unsettling, your “guest” could be cranking up your amplifiers. Enjoy your visitor while you can as most are fleeting. When you do feel the hairs on the back of your neck or arms stand-up or feel that something is watching you from behind, always remember to say “hello.”   

Be well...

Mag

« Reply #16 on: 2 Feb 2011, 02:57 am »
A Big Thank You to Bryston!! :thumb:

Got my BCD-1 back from repair. They fixed it free of charge and it was past warranty, who does that?!

I estimate it had over 6000+ hours use. No poltergeist activity to report yet, but have only listened to 2 songs. 8)

Levi

« Reply #17 on: 2 Feb 2011, 03:48 am »
If it comes back, maybe we need Michael Kovak to fix it.  :lol:

mca

« Reply #18 on: 2 Feb 2011, 10:39 am »
They fixed it free of charge

What did they say was wrong with it?

Mag

« Reply #19 on: 2 Feb 2011, 11:54 pm »
What did they say was wrong with it?

Not sure of the handwriting. Software, Firmware, Eco 1090, Static Mod..
Parts: #SS4 1045" Tray Pads, Badge.

I hope the Poltergeist didn't infect their factory. :smoke: