I should have my Stratos any day...

Digi-G

« on: 16 Mar 2004, 03:26 pm »
I've ordered the Stereo Stratos Extreme version (blue faceplate and blue logo).   :D  Needless to say I can't wait.  This is my first experience with Odyssey products and so far I've been quite happy with the service and I feel like I'm part of the Odyssey family.  

I'll be using my Stratos with a Denon Receiver (AVR-3300) and B&W 805 Nautilus speakers.  I also have a Cambridge Audio Cd player and Pioneer DVD player (SACD & DVD-Audio).  Someday I may replace the receiver, but it'll have to wait - it currently does everything I need it to do since my system does equal duty of music and movies.

I'll be sure to post my impressions after a few weeks of use.  Right now I'm looking forward to hooking it up and spinning some toonage.

byteme

« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2004, 04:46 pm »
Digi-G

Congrats!  Great buy!  I think you'll find the difference from going with the Denon amps to the Stratos really awesome.  I also have a Stereo extreme and am using it with a Denon 3802 as a pre/pro for movies.  I had started with the Denon and realized that 2 channel was sorely lacking - I added a 5 channel amp which did wonders for the sound but it was still lacking.  I've since added a preamp to the mix - only for 2 channel and HT "pass thru" and now things have really fallen into place.  

Obviously the Stratos powers the mains, the 5 channel powers the rest of the 7.1 system except the sub.  Give the Stratos a chance to break in and you'll be very happy with the sound coming from those B&W's!!

rosconey

« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2004, 07:12 pm »
klaus likes his blue lights-i asked about orange for my tempest and he didnt like it  :lol:
i wanted blue ampsand orange pre-syracuse colors-lol