Who Will Win the 2011 SuperBowl?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Who Will Win the 2011 SuperBowl?
« on: 3 Jan 2011, 02:27 am »
This poll is good for 5 days.

Get those votes in! 

I will update the Seattle / St. Louis selection once tonights game is complete.

Mag

Re: Who Will Win the 2011 SuperBowl?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2011, 03:06 am »
IMO New England has the strongest offense of all the teams I've seen on TV. If they have a weakness it maybe on defense.

I can't see anyone beating them, they have to stop their running game. Then they'll beat 'em with their passing game. :violin:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2011, 03:23 am »
My Dallas Cowboys aren't in there so frankly, I don't give a damn. Final answer!  8)

Cheers,
Robin

soundbitten1

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2011, 02:28 pm »
Atlanta & NE haven't made a believer out of me yet, Philly is erratic, GB & NO seem to have no running game. I don't trust the Bears, Jets or Chiefs. Seattle are in over their heads. The Ravens and Colts are a dark horses but I don't think either could get past Pittsburgh. So Steelers it is.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2011, 02:33 pm »
Until I see otherwise, I would have to go with the Pats (yuck!!).

I am pulling for the Steelers though.

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 3 Jan 2011, 02:46 pm »
I voted for the Patriots ( :duh: :duh:) but I'll be rooting for the Jets since my NYG didn't make it.

TomS

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jan 2011, 02:50 pm »
Until I see otherwise, I would have to go with the Pats (yuck!!).

I am pulling for the Steelers though.

George
The last team I'd want to see is the Pats, or worse yet Ryan and the Jets, but they are soooo strong at the right time so I'll have to tick the Patriots' box.  My daughter lives in Atlanta now and I like what Matt Ryan does, so maybe I'll have to go with them if something happens to the Pats.

Sorry Ken, I still don't have much love for the Steelers after they took the Colts out in '06 playoffs, but they are a very good team too.  Probably no Colts joy this year either though.

decal

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jan 2011, 03:15 pm »
If I knew who was going to win the super bowl,I'd become a very rich man!!  :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #8 on: 3 Jan 2011, 03:42 pm »
Early voting is interesting, of course NE is the hands down favorite, too easy there.  What's interesting is the second and third place vote getters.  I won't be a spoiler here for those who haven't voted, but no respect for the NFC on this forum.

Here's the latest power rankings for week 17 from the JFM site:

New England Patriots 31.61
Green Bay Packers 26.40
New Orleans Saints 25.96
Pittsburgh Steelers 25.94
Atlanta Falcons 25.92
Baltimore Ravens 25.47   
Philadelphia Eagles 25.29
Chicago Bears 23.96
New York Jets 23.38
Indianapolis Colts 23.30
Kansas City Chiefs 19.91
Seattle Seahawks    12.37

This will of course change after this weeks games are tallied, but adding in the home field advantage to all of the scenarios, you end up with Pats and Falcons in the Super Bowl, with the Pats winning on a neutral site.  Big surprise.

Bigfish

« Reply #9 on: 3 Jan 2011, 03:42 pm »
Steelers!

jackman

« Reply #10 on: 3 Jan 2011, 06:35 pm »
Wow, some of the power rankings don't make sense.  The Saints have not been consistent, and their power ranking looks too high for me.  Also, the Pack could barely finish off the Bears in a must-win game in Lambeau yesterday. 

I'm also a Steeler fan and this year's team does not impress me (as much as previous teams).   If they make it to the second round, I will be surprised. 

The Pack is lucky the Bear offense decided to stay home yesterday!  If they don't show up in the playoffs, this season is toast...

Cheers,

J

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 3 Jan 2011, 06:57 pm »
The Bears/Packers game probably isn't the best way to judge GB's chances.  Divisional games are always wonky, especially in the NFC North.  The Bears, as overrated as I think they are, have a very good defense.  Overall GB has a great offense, at least in the passing game.  Their QB is probably in the top 5 or so in the NFL and their receivers are as good as it gets.  They could wreak havoc in the playoffs, to be sure.  But I doubt they'll go all the way- their rushing isn't consistently good and aside from their secondary they're not a dominating defense.  Their firepower on offense will give them a puncher's chance, though.  And it's not like there's really any completely dominant team in the NFC.  The Saints are tough but a bit erratic this season.  Brees doesn't look like himself.  Atlanta will be tough to beat with homefield advantage all the way but they don't look unbeatable by any means.  Chicago has a good D but often can't get out of their own way on offense, and they can't seem to protect Cutler.  Philly will be dangerous and is a well balanced team but they seem to make a lot of mental mistakes and have a long history of coming up short when it counts.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #12 on: 3 Jan 2011, 07:09 pm »
With the Black Eyed Peas doing the half-time show, we all lose. :thankyou:

( IMHO, of course! Ahhh the brashness of youth. If Fergie blows your hair back, enjoy the show,folks! Maybe there'll be another " wardrobe malfunction "... :wink: )
« Last Edit: 3 Jan 2011, 11:36 pm by Diamond Dog »

jwes

« Reply #13 on: 3 Jan 2011, 07:29 pm »
<----------   :green:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #14 on: 3 Jan 2011, 07:48 pm »
Looks like I'm the only one that voted for the Seahawks!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 3 Jan 2011, 08:07 pm »
Wow, Tyson- that's optimistic!  At 7-9 and missing their starting QB the 'Hawks might be the worst team to ever make the playoffs in the modern era.  Astonishing that there could be a division weak enough to be won with seven wins!

If I had to guess the winner I'd have to pick the Patriots.  Brady might be best QB to ever play (toss up vs Montana) and he's playing as well as he ever has.  They don't seem to have any serious weaknesses and seem to be peaking.  But time will tell.

jackman

« Reply #16 on: 3 Jan 2011, 08:52 pm »
Hi Rob,
I agree with you with one or two exceptions.  The Bears' defense played well enough to win yesterday but did not put playoff-type pressure on Rodgers.  I agree that he is in the top 5 at least, maybe top four, but his record in close games is really bad.   Philly looks good at times also but the Bears defense is built for speed and they shut down the Eagles when Vick and Company were at their hottest. 

It's true the Pats spanked the Bears but a week later the Pats almost choked at home against a third string QB-led Packers team.  This is a strange year and I wouldn't be surprised if a hot team (maybe the Pack) surprises people. 

The Pats look like the team to beat going into it but nothing would shock me this year (aside from the Seahawks getting out of the first round!). 

Cheers,

J

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #17 on: 3 Jan 2011, 09:10 pm »
With the Black Eyed Peas doing the half-time show, we all lose. :thankyou:

Me thinks you really need to broaden your audio horizon cuz your we doesn't include me:rock:

Cheers,
Robin

jackman

« Reply #18 on: 3 Jan 2011, 09:23 pm »

Me thinks you really need to broaden your audio horizon cuz your we doesn't include me:rock:

Cheers,
Robin

True dat...plus, I'd totally slam Fergie.   :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #19 on: 3 Jan 2011, 09:36 pm »
True dat...plus, I'd totally slam Fergie.   :thumb:

Especially in her new DR. Pepper Cherry commercial,,,,,

:drool:

Bring on that halftime!  :dance: