Extensions for STAX phones

hpc

Extensions for STAX phones
« on: 2 Jan 2011, 03:37 am »
Hi All,

I have two sets of STAX headphones that I would like to use for nighttime listening from the bed.  This requires about 25 feet of distance
to cover.  And STAX only makes 16 foot extension 'cords'.

My question is whether or not I can daisy-chain two 16 footers together.  Part two is how badly will this degrade the sound.

Cheers and Happy New Year.

LDM

jimndre

Re: Extensions for STAX phones
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2011, 06:03 am »
Hi All,

I have two sets of STAX headphones that I would like to use for nighttime listening from the bed.  This requires about 25 feet of distance

My question is whether or not I can daisy-chain two 16 footers together.  Part two is how badly will this degrade the sound.

LDM

Hello,

I am sure that extensions in a daisy-chain will work.  As far as degrading sound goes, I am sure that it will somewhat.  However, given the higher voltage of stats, it may not be as noticable as dynamic headphones used with extensions.  Hope this helps.

MichiganMike

Re: Extensions for STAX phones
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2011, 12:36 pm »

I have used two extensions daisy-chained together with my Stax headphones and did not notice any significant degradation in audio quality.

Hi All,

LDM