Auditioned RM/X's at Brian's last night!

APOGEE

« on: 15 Mar 2004, 08:26 pm »
First and foremost, I want to thank Brian and Jim Romeyn for a really wonderful listening session.  Both are truly great guys!  Secondly, after many years of intermittently getting the bug to replace my current speakers (Apogee Studio Grands), I always found myself dissappointed by what I was hearing in comparrison to my Apogees.  Not so this past evening.  The musical reproduction by the RM/X's was so natural sounding and involving that I found it difficult to remain focused on critically listening and evaluating portions of the reproduced audio spectrum.  I just wanted to listen, tap my foot, stand up and SHOUT! :dance:   This was just my cup of tea; audio nirvana had finally been found.

I could go into detail about the specifics of what I heard from last nights listening session, but what would be the point.  The way the RM/X reproduces audio signals, transports you into the music, not calling your attention to any part of the reproduced audio spectrum (ie: to errors of commission or omission).  What more could one ask for, I ask you?  Brian, et al. have created an audio transducer par excellence. :notworthy:

Needless to say, I am SOLD!  I can't wait to get the process on the road.

Thanks again to Brian for being such a gracious host and to Jim for facilitating the process.

Cheers guys,

Jeff

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2004, 10:08 pm »
Yeah, that sounds about right :).  Jeff, glad to hear you've finally found the speaker you've been looking for.

Regards,

APOGEE

« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2004, 12:14 am »
Roop:

"Yeah, that sounds about right . Jeff, glad to hear you've finally found the speaker you've been looking for."

Thanks!  Just set the gears in motion.  Gotta post the Apogees for sale now.  Any buyers out there?

ekovalsky

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2004, 01:06 am »
Jeff, I owned Apogee Divas with DAX3 crossover, augmented with Muse18 subs.  Because of the lack of replacement parts and pressure from the wife I decided to sell them and purchase the RM-40's.  Good as the RM-40's were, they never got me to the same level as the old Apogees and I missed them dearly, I even tried to by them back at one point.

Anyway, when I upgraded to the RM/X I was finally able to close the book on the Divas.  You won't miss your Apogee speakers once the RM/X is in your listening room.

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2004, 02:25 am »
Looks like someone is in for a "name change" :lol:

Glad to hear you liked the RM/x.  It is now becoming a very popular speaker.

Strangely enough I went to a meeting of the So CA Audiophile Society recently and was "treated" to a listen of a (brand shall remain nameless) pair of speakers.

They sounded rather good and looked to be of a good quality construction.  I would have guessed then at $5000 in todays "over priced" audiophile market.

$13,000!!!! :o  :o  :nono:

I thought to myself, "Just think, you could get a pair of RM/x's and still have a Grand left over for celebrating such a steal of a deal"!!

On top of that, the performance of the other speaker in question didn't even challenge the 626Rs!!

Congratulations Jeff!

APOGEE

« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2004, 03:04 am »
Hey guys, thanks for all of the well wishes and encouragement!  I am glad to hear, Eric, that I won't miss the Apogees.  I suspected as much after last nights listening session...and John, I am definitely in for a name change and very soon....Hmmmmm, what shall it be?