Which At&t iPad data plan?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Which At&t iPad data plan?
« on: 28 Dec 2010, 03:21 am »
Which data plan do you have?  I only use it for email & surfing.  I cannot seem to get a real answer of which one is best for me. 

MaxCast

Re: Which At&t iPad data plan?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2010, 04:40 am »
If it's like the iPhone you can upgrade within the contract if you find you are going over. I have the $25 plan with the iPhone and haven't gone over the 200mb yet. If you use it at home you will be on wifi all the time. No data usage.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2010, 12:06 pm »
I went with the standard plan, but I'm only using the cellular connection a few days out of each month. Since it's month-to-month, why not trial the basic plan and see if it provides enough bandwidth for your purposes.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2010, 01:01 pm »
I'll prob start wih the 250 MB plan as you can upgrade during the month.  I was just curious to know what most are using.  Of course the store said that the 2GB is the most popular...

Once again, most people not doing research and just wasting money.   :nono:

sfig

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2010, 07:55 pm »
I've used both levels and you can switch back and forth from your ipad.

When at home, the 250MB plan is more than enough as I have a laptop with unlimited access that provides at least 80% of my internet needs.

Twice while out of town and relying only on my ipad for internet access, I have run out at the 250MB level and needed to upgrade to the 2GB plan after about eight days.  They send you reminders that you are running out so you have warning.  When I get back home, I've changed back to the 250MB plan. Everybody's use is different but that's been my experience.