what app are you using on your iPad to control Squeezebox Server?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Looks like there is iPeng and SqueezePad from the Apple App Store.

Any comments on one vs. the other?

Any other apps out there?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

George

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
I use ipeng, its great and updated pretty regularly. It basically gives you the same interface the music app does on the ipod but your controlling your squeezebox. I haven't tried any others only because ipeng does exactly what I wanted it to do. Best money I've spent on an app. :thumb:

wilbert-vanbakel

• Photoshopped Smile
    • On Facebook
iPeng, a warning though: Just use it to select music and close the app.
If you leave it open it will update the status continuously (which looks real fancy) and leaves the wifi connection to the server open. That drains the battery FAST!

Philistine

I've been using Squeezepad, and it works great.  Yesterday it was upgraded to allow the iPad to be used as a streaming player, and this is a feature I was looking for.  Reading the details of the two apps I see little to choose between them, I went with Squeezepad on the toss of a coin.  With them both being relatively inexpensive I'll probably also download iPeng just to have both options.  Sorry I can't be more decisive George, but they're both great apps and get the job done.

Incidentally, I noticed yesterday that some app developers are dropping prices for Christmas:
Todo is an app I use and currently discounted, plus games like Monopoly and Risk.......

Phil 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Thanks for the comments guys.

Happy Holidays.

George

MaxCast

I use ipeng too.  Never tried the other.
A nice feature I wish ipeng would add is a button to lyrics of the song playing.

taoggniklat

***edit*** I use iPhone and not iPad, if that makes a difference.

I have used iPeng....

but I do find it is really slow while using it with my NAS server. It often gets out of sync with the player too. They also changed the interface a bit and I find it not quite as intuitive, but that is just me.

I like iPeng outside of the fact that it seems stupid slow sometimes with my system. Anyone else notice it being slow with a NAS server setup? Perhaps it is a setting issue.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
ipeng

posternutbag2000

ipeng on both my itouch and ipad...works great for me...dont love the interface but once you get the hang of it, its fine...

sfig

I have both on my iPad but use Squeezepad far more often

pippin

iPeng, a warning though: Just use it to select music and close the app.
If you leave it open it will update the status continuously (which looks real fancy) and leaves the wifi connection to the server open. That drains the battery FAST!

This should be fixed now in Version 1.1.2 (on iPad, 1.3.2 on iPhone).

If you encounter slow performance with iPeng with slower servers, please have a look at the FAQ here:
http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-the-iphone-skin-for-squeezecenter/how-to-use-the-ipeng-application/known-issues/

sfraser

+1

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
Using the free Squeezebox Controller from Logitech...
- Work great on my iPad, this has become my preferred remote for the Squeezebox
- Works OK on my Android phone (HTC Hero), but slow and glitchy... not worth it, but might work better on newer phones or tablets
- Could not get it to work on a rooted (Manual Nooter) Nook Color, would never find my players unless they were connected to MySqueezebox.com

Also tried out SqueezeControl...
- Worked on my rooted Nook Color, but designed for a phone so the layout does fit the screen properly (a lot of blank black area on a tablet)
- Can't seem to get it to work on my HTC Hero

PeteG

+1, I like it a lot.

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
Also tried out SqueezeControl...
- Worked on my rooted Nook Color, but designed for a phone so the layout does fit the screen properly (a lot of blank black area on a tablet)
- Can't seem to get it to work on my HTC Hero

Just got it working on my phone... user error (wrong SqueezeCenter IP address entered). Working good now, very nice for a free app, better than Logitech's controller on my phone... faster, fewer hang-ups or glitches so far.