Holiday special: US customers, only.

art

• Industry Participant
    • Analog Research-Technology
Holiday special: US customers, only.
« on: 19 Dec 2010, 01:51 am »
We have one, and only one, Legato, left in stock. We would like to close out the inventory, with no finished units sitting around.

So, to that end, we are offering this unit, to US customers only, with a USB cable, thrown in for free.

Such a deal..........

OK, for those of you who might not be familiar, we are making available, a USB cable, that only has twisted pair data wires, covered with a braid shield. The cable is 90 ohms, which is the specified impedance, for USB. No needless power lead, to muck stuff up, as the Legato is self-powered.

So, there is the special. One Legato, one SPDIF (BNC) cable, BNC-RCA adapter, and the fancy-schmancy USB cable. Priority Mail, thrown in, as part of the deal. (Figure this being a $50 gift.)

Such a deal...................(wait, I already said that.)

All you need is a computer, DAC, and supply your own AC cord. Yep, we know everyone throws away the free one, so we save you the bother, and us, the expense.

Obviously, if it is still here, at the beginning of the next year, you don't get the cable for free. But, neither will anyone else. So, there you have it.

"Hey, wait a minute..............you are including a USB cable, because you think they make a difference, but you don't include a power cord? You know they make a difference, so why not supply one? Doesn't it make as much a difference, or more?"

As much or more? Maybe, maybe not. Some of our customers have said they can not hear a difference, in power cords, on the Legato. Some have. More have reported USB cables seem to have a greater effect on sound, than power cables.

We have been looking at better power cords, but it has to be one that really does make a difference, but can't cost more than the Legato. As of now, still working on it. Don't see that changing in the near future.

"OK, if I do decide I want it, what should I do?"

Send me a PM, here. Best way to make sure the early bird is the one who gets the worm.

Thanks,
Pat

art

• Industry Participant
    • Analog Research-Technology
Re: Holiday special: US customers, only.
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2010, 10:31 pm »
We have a winner. Thanks!

Pat