Zu Wax or Purist Audio Elementa?

Agrippa

« on: 13 Mar 2004, 06:42 pm »
I've decided to upgrade my speaker cables and have trouble deciding between these two.

Zu Wax get loads of great comments all 'round the 'net, while Purist of course are almost legendary for their more expensive cables.  Trouble is, I have no idea where in the hierarchy Elementa used to be (lower rungs, I guess) and how it would stack up to the Zu's.  The price will most likely be about the same for both sets, but I'll have to get the Purist cables re-terminated from bananas to spades (since I loathe the former).

Any input would be most helpful!

Agrippa

ton1313

« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2004, 07:24 am »
I only have experience with the Zu products. I really enjoyed the WAX. They take a while to break in, but they are worth the wait. Very neutral & detailed.

Tbadder1

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2004, 06:55 pm »
ditto

Agrippa

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2004, 08:46 pm »
Cheers folks!  One set of Wax bi-wire has been bought, mpartly because I've been unable to find anything at all on the Elementas.  And of course because nobody seems to have anything negative to say about Zu, which is quite amazing in itself...

Agrippa

Ron D

« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2004, 11:50 pm »
I hope you have patience as Zu cables are notorious for a very long and I do mean a long break-in period. I've owned Wax bi-wires and their IBIS as well so I do speak from experience...

Agrippa

« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2004, 11:57 pm »
That much I've gathered from the forums, so I've put myself in "enhanced patience" mode.   :D

Agrippa