If you own Martin Logan Speakers, read this!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
If you own Martin Logan Speakers, read this!
« on: 18 Dec 2010, 12:35 am »
reposted from here:
http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11594

Quote from: -justin-;129340
Hey guys, as promised I wanted to let you know as soon as I received more information regarding products that MartinLogan will no longer be able to service.

Should you own one of these models please be aware that we are working on a new special promotion to honor the loyalty of our long time customers. If your product requires service but is listed below, please call our sales team at (785) 749-0133 to discuss your options.

Here is a direct letter from Melodie Brouhard, MartinLogan’s Service Manager:
----------------------------------------------------------
Due to lack of availability of specific proprietary parts and raw materials MartinLogan will no longer offer service on certain models that are out of production. Following is a list of discontinued products for which we can no longer purchase parts and, therefore, will not be able to provide service:

CLS 1
Monolith 1, Monolith 2
Quest, Quest z
Sequel, Sequel 2
Logos
Stylos
Statement (Original)

We have a very limited stock of only specific parts related to the above models. Our inventory control system indicates that, at current run rates, inventory will be completely depleted on or before December 31st, 2010. Please note that any orders received for parts or service related to these models between now and December 31st, 2010 will be subject to parts availability.
----------------------------------------------------------

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: If you own Martin Logan Speakers, read this!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2010, 02:20 am »
Looks like Audiogon and Craigslist are about to be populated with some new (used) Martin Logans.

Bob

MaxCast

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2011, 12:55 am »
Thanks to this post I am passing on Experimenting with a pair of sequelIIs for 750. 

SlushPuppy

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2011, 01:04 am »
Here's the update to that:

Lifetime Service for MartinLogan Products

Loyal MartinLogan customers,

Recently we announced a decision to discontinue our service support for certain legacy MartinLogan products that are no longer in production.

Well…we messed up.

Today I’m pleased to announce, after much discussion, the following:

1) MartinLogan stands behind every speaker made and will offer lifetime service and support for every model.
    2) We will still offer a Loyal Customer Discount Program option to upgrade to a current production ML model, should your legacy ML product need service.

We need to refocus some energy on providing the best possible customer service, and it starts here with our most loyal and long time customers.

Forgive us for our blunder and we hope you continue to enjoy your MartinLogan speakers for many years to come. Please contact us directly at 785-749-0133 with any service issues or for more information about our Loyal Customer Discount Program.

Warmest Regards,

Justin Bright
    Marketing Director

Link

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2011, 01:09 am »
Nice to see a company (in this day and age) admit they messed up, and word it so.
Kudos to them.

Bob

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2011, 01:10 am »
Looks like a service manager tried to make her bottom line look good at the expense of the company's reputation.  Good to see someone over there came to their senses.  I wonder which unemployment office Melodie reports to.

neekomax

« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2011, 01:12 am »
Powerful thing, honesty. People love you for it, more than they hate you for making a mistake.

MaxCast

« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2011, 01:59 am »
Great now I have a decision to make. Not to mention full service at what price?
I've  always wanted to try a pair of mag 1.6s with a xo and pair of subs which I have save the maggies.
Anyone compare the 1.6 to the Sequel IIs?

hifitommy

reQuests
« Reply #8 on: 28 Aug 2011, 12:15 am »
my friend had a pair and ordered up a new pair of panels that turned out to be reasonably priced and no hassle to install. 

just sayin'

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #9 on: 28 Aug 2011, 04:59 am »
Looks like a service manager tried to make her bottom line look good at the expense of the company's reputation.  Good to see someone over there came to their senses.  I wonder which unemployment office Melodie reports to.
i am sure it was not melodie's decision initially to decide that certain models would no longer be serviced.  and i am sure melodie still has her job. 

doug s.

rw@cn

« Reply #10 on: 29 Aug 2011, 09:24 pm »
If you want to know a lot more about this, go to the site and read the entire thread. We were not happy campers when we first received the notice of discontinued service.