Vinyl storage?

Agrippa

Vinyl storage?
« on: 13 Mar 2004, 02:54 pm »
Anybody got some links to companies/shops selling racks/cabinets/etc for vinyl storage?  If I had a workshop, or access to one, I'd build my own, but sadly that's out.  Therefore - links, links, give me links!   :D

Agrippa

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Vinyl storage?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2004, 03:04 pm »
Check out Boltz

http://www.boltz.com/

George

Agrippa

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2004, 03:09 pm »
Very nice stuff zybar - cheers!  Keep 'em coming!

Agrippa

Marbles

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2004, 04:07 pm »
Solidwood (look in the Market Square section) can make you one out of wood for very attractive pricing including shipping.

Agrippa

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2004, 04:40 pm »
Mmmmm, looks good.  I'll certainly send the guy a note and ask for prices.

Agrippa

sleepkyng

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2004, 08:17 pm »
hey, i'm just looking for cheap LP crates to store them in my Dorm

anyone know if anyone sells them?

orthobiz

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2004, 09:29 pm »
More than just milk crates, try
storadisc.com
rackittm.com

I still have my crates, ca. 1973!

biz

hifitommy

ikea-billy cabinets.
« Reply #7 on: 14 Mar 2004, 09:59 pm »
check em out.  its what im gonna get.  it will accommodate the LPs, CDs, DVDs, and VHSs ive got.

orthobiz

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2004, 11:26 pm »
Hi HiFi,

Ikea Billy's look great. 11" deep means the LP jackets will overhang about an inch and a half, though...FYI.

Didn't see any deeper Billy's.

biz

orthobiz

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #9 on: 14 Mar 2004, 11:44 pm »
Also, check out:
http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATES/PRODUCT/addtionalImage.asp?pageID=1958

Levenger has square shelves called "Cubi's" which have the perfect 13 inch depth, stand it on its side and you have record storage. Remember the dead weight of the records works against you with any type of shelf, eventually will sag...

biz

Agrippa

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #10 on: 15 Mar 2004, 12:03 am »
Hey, those are not only very nice, but very flexible!  Just what I'm after, in fact.  Cheers mate!

Agrippa

hifitommy

i know they stick out
« Reply #11 on: 15 Mar 2004, 01:57 am »
Quote from: orthobiz
Hi HiFi,

Ikea Billy's look great. 11" deep means the LP jackets will overhang about an inch and a half, though...FYI.

Didn't see any deeper Billy's.

biz

but its ok with me, the price is right and the shelves arent so wide that sagging will be much of a problem.  

i have 4-5k LPs and i must do something definitive.  this is the best deal i have seen.  my current shelving has the same protrusion and i have experienced no ill effects from that.

Upstateaudio

Vinyl storage
« Reply #12 on: 15 Mar 2004, 03:01 am »
Here's a modular option.  I am not affiliated but I am happy with the product.

http://www.tonyswoodshop.com/uct.

JoshK

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #13 on: 15 Mar 2004, 07:03 pm »
We should ask Chris Futrick if he would provide a solution, or idea to the forum.  I imagine he could come up with something that people here were looking for.

JefferyK

IKEA Expedit Bookcase
« Reply #14 on: 18 Mar 2004, 08:14 pm »
Lots of folks at AA have raved about using the IKEA Expedit bookcase for LP storage:

http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&productId=11499&langId=-1&parentCats=10104*10173

It comes in two sizes.

I have IKEA Billy bookshelves, and I wouldn't recommend storing LPs on any shelf but the bottom one.

Jeffery

hifitommy

even?
« Reply #15 on: 19 Mar 2004, 06:29 am »
even the shorter width shelves?

JefferyK

Re: even?
« Reply #16 on: 16 Apr 2004, 05:29 pm »
Quote from: hifitommy
even the shorter width shelves?

You mean the shorter width Billy bookcases?

Billy shelves have a notch cut into them to accommodate the pegs that support them. This means the shelves are about half as thick where most of the weight is distributed. I suppose you could try loading one of the shelves with LPs and see what happens, but my guess is that eventually the peg will break through the shelf and the shelf will come down.

The Expedit bookcase is made up of stable cubes about 13" each way. Perfect for LPs.

Jeffery

ohenry

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #17 on: 21 Jan 2005, 10:20 pm »
I found this really nice and not-so-expensive bookcase at K-Mart today that fits LP's perfectly.  It's strong and looks great.  It has a deep burgundy wood veneer finish and minor assembly is required.  The name is the Jacobean Bookcase Model No. DA499 and they go for $99.95 each.  I bought two to get my s**t out of the floor.  I live in an old house with antiques and this was the answer for me.  As you can see, I now have to put the other one together for the rest of the floor-dwellers.

I thought you some of guys may be interested, I've searched a while for something like this.

PeteG

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #18 on: 22 Jan 2005, 12:51 am »
COOL!  8)

Might pick one up. Thanks

Pete

bmed

Vinyl storage?
« Reply #19 on: 22 Jan 2005, 01:06 am »
Thanks for the K-mart tip!  Just what I've been looking for.

Cheers,
Brad