Totem Mite
« on: 17 Dec 2010, 04:59 am »
Any impresions on the Totem Mite?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Totem Mite
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2010, 05:55 am »
Any impresions on the Totem Mite?

Their small....limits their "Rock" ability.... :?

Other Totem speakers are much better.... :D

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2010, 08:41 am »
I recently > sold < my pair.  For such a small > speaker < they have pretty good bass - down to 50 Hz.  What's your budget and how much does size matter?  I might have something that I upgraded to from my Mites, but they are pretty heavy so shipping won't be cheap unless you don't live too far from Southern BC.
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2010, 03:37 pm by Wind Chaser »

mort

« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2010, 03:12 pm »
They would be for my bed room system on a large boat so size is a major consideration. I do live really close to southern BC. Port Townsend WA. However I am a long way from a purchase as I still need to do a bunch of cabinet joinery to give them a place to sit, so I am in the early searching process.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2010, 03:35 pm »
Since space is a consideration you're best off avoiding anything with a rear port, which would necessitate having distance between the speakers and back wall.  The Gini LS3/5a might be a good bet.

mort

« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2010, 03:43 pm »
Awesome advice on the port !

Stu Pitt

« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2010, 04:47 pm »
If the speakers need to be against the wall or close to it, get a pair of wall mountable speakers IMO.  There are some very good ones out there.  Linn Katan comes to mind.  Can be found on Audiogon for cheap.  The PMC DB1 is wall mountable too, and also excellent.  A bit more money, but a bit better speaker in a lot of ways. 

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2010, 05:48 pm »
Very small, reasonable efficient, amazingly deep bass, placement insensitive:

TBI Diamond Majestic IR

(From the same folks that developed those small/amazing subwoofers that could play from inside a drawer.)

face

« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2010, 09:32 pm »
Check out Polk's LSI7.