Stratos Idle Power?

saucyworchester

Stratos Idle Power?
« on: 13 Mar 2004, 05:04 am »
This may have been asked but what is the power consumption of a Stratos with Cap upgrade while it is idling? (as it would be if left on 24/7)

Thanks

rosconey

Stratos Idle Power?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2004, 12:49 pm »
if you have to ask you cant afford them- :lol:
pennies a day :lol:
less than filling up your car :lol:
cheaper than a 12 pack of miller :lol:
more than a snickers bar :lol:
cheaper than a cd :lol:
not even close to a new car :lol:
less than a pack of smokes :lol:
more than a 12oz pepsi :lol:

saucyworchester

I could use a straight answer...
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2004, 05:07 pm »
or even a funny one.

Sonny

Idle...
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2004, 05:20 pm »
Hey, I have the monos and they are always on and my bill is low...
I can say that the philosphy is that if the amp has no single to amplify, it is only using minimal wattage...and plus, they are always warm this way...
keep it on...
Turning on and off is not good for the amp..in a way...
my 2 cents...

amandarae

Stratos Idle Power?
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2004, 06:26 pm »
Same Here!  I got the monos too. They hardly show up in the bill power consumption wise.  But when you are in the burn in process........make no mistake about it  :nono: you will feel the drag :evil:  it needs its own Southern California Edison!!!!  After that and during idle, no worries! :P

rosconey

Stratos Idle Power?
« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2004, 06:32 pm »
whaats a matter you gots sno sence a humor- :lol:
 :nono: i just find it funny that a person is worried how much it costs to run a amp-
i have 4 monos on at all times-

BradJudy

Stratos Idle Power?
« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2004, 07:02 pm »
Quote from: rosconey
i just find it funny that a person is worried how much it costs to run a amp-

I see nothing in the question that mentions the cost.  It's a simple question with a simple answer (which I unfortunately don't have).  Give the guy a break and give the answer if you have it.

rosconey

Stratos Idle Power?
« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2004, 07:22 pm »
power consumption aint free at my place-
if i remember klaus said about 40-50 watts  in  a recent thread-
if i offended anyone i'm sorry-i have a strange way with humor   :mrgreen:

its only the second time that its come up the last one was clint the troll :x

saucyworchester

No offense, not worried about money.
« Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2004, 08:56 pm »
My original question didn't ask about the cost of 24/7 operation because I don't care what it costs. Knowledge is one thing that while habit forming doesn't make you fat (or stoned or whatever.)

Thank you rosconey.

pugs

Stratos Idle Power?
« Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2004, 09:22 pm »
I broke in my monos for about a month leaving them running a few hours a day while keeping them idle in between.  With the monos running during that time, my bill went up about $100 from the previous month!

I'm not rich and I'm not poor, and $100 means a lot to me.  I've been turning them off during the week when I don't do much listening.  I might try leaving them on 24/7 again since the break in is over.

James Tg

Stratos Idle Power?
« Reply #10 on: 14 Mar 2004, 12:55 am »
Klaus told me that a Stratos or Mono takes around 35 ~ 40W during idle.  So, it is around $3 a month in Indiana.

James

kmmd

• YG? Y NOT? Carmel 2’s and Hailey 3’s
    • Systems
Stratos Idle Power?
« Reply #11 on: 14 Mar 2004, 02:40 am »
Hi saucy...over here,

I just did an experiment at home with my ExactPower EP15A.  With 3 monoblocks on idle, the watt meter read 211 watts, 2 = 136, and 1 = 75.  I'm not sure how much the stereo Stratos with cap upgrade consumes, because, as you know, it's on its way to IN for the Extreme mono upgrade.  :D

Cost-wise, my electric bill has gone up about $15-$20 / month, since I leave my ExactPower, PS Audio Power Director, PS Audio P300, amps and sub on 24/7.

BTW, I just wanted to thank Santa Klaus for everything!  You're awesome!  :thumb:

Geez, what the heck happened with the Asylum today ???

mgalusha

Stratos Idle Power?
« Reply #12 on: 14 Mar 2004, 05:56 pm »
A stereo Stratos with cap upgrade pulls 30watts at idle and the extreme mono's pull 37 watts. Note this is at 125 volts, if your line voltage is lower, say 120V it will be slightly different (about 1 watt).

HTH,

Mike G.

kmmd

• YG? Y NOT? Carmel 2’s and Hailey 3’s
    • Systems
Stratos Idle Power?
« Reply #13 on: 15 Mar 2004, 09:02 pm »
Here is a link to the measurements page of the Khartago as posted on SoundStage! - Khartago measurements

Please note that "AC line current draw at idle (warmed up): 0.6A."  Using P = I * E= 0.6A * 120v gives you 72 watts at idle.