X-LS Encore and a break from the norm. PICS INSIDE :)

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
Built using 3/4" MDF for the sides, top and bottom caps and the rear baffle. The front baffle is 1 1/4" thick MDF. The sides are upholstered in a premium black leatherette and the face of the baffle is upholstered in a premium Chocolate suede. Caps can be finished in a satin, or piano gloss sheen.   

$425 per pair, fully built. Includes the X-LS Encore kit. Merry Christmas! :xmas:
N2X's are $750 per pair, fully built. Includes standard N2X kit. Happy New Year!  :dance:

Add $50 for piano caps.

Here are the leatherette color options. The above pricing is for Cinnamon, Black, Merlot and Cappuccino. All other colors are special orders and cost an additional $15. I'll post some suede color options as soon I get them together.

Thanks!

Ruben

« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2010, 06:33 am by Outofthewoods »

Guy 13

Re: X-LS Encore and a break from the norm. PICS INSIDE :)
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2010, 09:45 am »
Hi Ruben.
If I was not at the other end of the world, (Vietnam) I sure would make you my official and exclusive cabinet supplier for my new business Audio 13.
Nice work, I write nice, but it's more than just nice...
Guy 13

wgallupe

« Reply #2 on: 7 Dec 2010, 12:29 am »
Hi Ruben,

Very nice. I'd be interested in a N3TL with black leatherette sides and gloss black caps. Is that something you can do?

Wayne

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2010, 01:48 am »
Looks great Ruben!

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2010, 03:48 am »
Hi Ruben.
If I was not at the other end of the world, (Vietnam) I sure would make you my official and exclusive cabinet supplier for my new business Audio 13.
Nice work, I write nice, but it's more than just nice...
Guy 13

Thanks Guy!

I wish you the best in your new business venture.

Ruben

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 7 Dec 2010, 03:51 am »
Hi Ruben,

Very nice. I'd be interested in a N3TL with black leatherette sides and gloss black caps. Is that something you can do?

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Sure, I can build them any way you'd like! :D

Ruben

Ron

« Reply #6 on: 7 Dec 2010, 04:04 am »
 All of your speakers look amazingly nice Ruben! You are certainly a master craftsman. :thumb:

Ron

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 7 Dec 2010, 04:07 am »
Looks great Ruben!

Thanks Sean!

Not sure if you'd remember, as it was a long time ago, but this is the material I was telling you and Sarah about the night I dropped off those crossover enclosures. I finally got around to using it! :D

Ruben

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 7 Dec 2010, 04:12 am »
All of your speakers look amazingly nice Ruben! You are certainly a master craftsman. :thumb:

Ron

Thanks Ron!

You've got a nice skill set yourself. :D

Ruben

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 7 Dec 2010, 04:24 am »
The caps in those pictures were painted using a foam roller and a flat latex paint to give me a clear idea of how they were going to look. The finished product will be done in a satin lacquer and look a lot better. The piano gloss will be a 2 stage urethane.

Ruben

Guy 13

« Reply #10 on: 7 Dec 2010, 11:26 am »
Thanks Guy!

I wish you the best in your new business venture.

Ruben
Hi Ruben.
When I get back to Canada (Montreal, Qc) around 2013, I hope you will still be in business and me still alive... So we can do business together, I love your work.
Guy 13

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 7 Dec 2010, 12:28 pm »
my new business Audio 13.

:o  Tell us more about it (of course in the industry ads section).   :thumb:

Guy 13

« Reply #12 on: 7 Dec 2010, 01:16 pm »
:o  Tell us more about it (of course in the industry ads section).   :thumb:
Hi JTW and all Audio Circle members.
I just had a look at the industry ads section and I don't think, this is where I should post my comments.
I am not a company yet, my Audio 13 is still just a project on paper and even when it will be a limited company in operation, I will only sell to the Vietnamese, I won't advertise on Audio Circle and will will not export.
It will be a business, but a business for fun, if I sell good, if I don't still good.
Do you think I could post here just my ideas of what my business will look like?
If you think I should post in the industry ads section, I will, but I need someone to tell me what to do or where to post.
Guy 13

wgallupe

« Reply #13 on: 7 Dec 2010, 06:50 pm »
Hi Wayne,

Sure, I can build them any way you'd like! :D

Ruben

PM sent...

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: 7 Dec 2010, 08:33 pm »

PM sent...

Right back at ya!

Ruben

jr1414

« Reply #15 on: 8 Dec 2010, 12:50 am »
WOW!  Now those are really something.  I have the demo set of N2X's on their way to me now, I might have to have you build a set of these for me....

Quick question for Danny, would the suede face on the baffle have any effect on the sound?  I would assume that it would actually help with any unwanted diffraction (kind of similar to people surrounding tweeters with No Rez or similar), but I am clearly not experienced in loudspeaker design.

Either way, these are just breathtaking.

Danny Richie

« Reply #16 on: 8 Dec 2010, 01:23 am »
Quick question for Danny, would the suede face on the baffle have any effect on the sound?  I would assume that it would actually help with any unwanted diffraction (kind of similar to people surrounding tweeters with No Rez or similar), but I am clearly not experienced in loudspeaker design.

It won't have any effect either way.
« Last Edit: 9 Dec 2010, 02:28 pm by Danny »

aharami

« Reply #17 on: 8 Dec 2010, 07:34 am »
i want to build a top (cap?) like that for my N3.  I plan to have mine stick out 1/8 - 1/4".  Does a design like that affect the sound at all?

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 8 Dec 2010, 02:08 pm »
i want to build a top (cap?) like that for my N3.  I plan to have mine stick out 1/8 - 1/4".  Does a design like that affect the sound at all?

Anything sticking out will have some effect. The longer it is the worse the effect.

Guy 13

« Reply #19 on: 9 Dec 2010, 11:53 am »
Hi JTW and all Audio Circle members.
I just had a look at the industry ads section and I don't think, this is where I should post my comments.
I am not a company yet, my Audio 13 is still just a project on paper and even when it will be a limited company in operation, I will only sell to the Vietnamese, I won't advertise on Audio Circle and will will not export.
It will be a business, but a business for fun, if I sell good, if I don't still good.
Do you think I could post here just my ideas of what my business will look like?
If you think I should post in the industry ads section, I will, but I need someone to tell me what to do or where to post.
Guy 13
Hi JTWrace and all Audio Circle members.
To know more about my future business Audio 13, have a look at Niteshade Audio site under Audio 13 by Guy 13 topic.
Guy 13