Chris' redwood burl SoundScape 10's

jsalk

Chris' redwood burl SoundScape 10's
« on: 3 Dec 2010, 04:46 pm »
Chris wanted a pair of SoundScape 10's in redwood burl.  Here are some shots of the pair that will be shipped today...

And a close-up...

Happy listening Chris!

- Jim

jrg4785

Re: Chris' redwood burl SoundScape 10's
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2010, 05:41 pm »
gorgeous! congrats!!

Nuance

« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2010, 05:49 pm »
Simply Stunning!  Great choice in veneer, Chris.

Welcome to the Salk family!

charmerci

« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2010, 06:26 pm »
Lucky, lucky Chris!  :D

vintagebob

« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2010, 06:29 pm »
Nice!  :green:

PJam1995

« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2010, 06:39 pm »
WOW!!!! :thumb:

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #6 on: 3 Dec 2010, 07:32 pm »
Very Nice

highfilter

« Reply #7 on: 3 Dec 2010, 07:42 pm »
Those look killer. Just wait until you hear them!  :D

CC

« Reply #8 on: 3 Dec 2010, 10:47 pm »
The truck can not get here fast enough :D

CC

« Reply #9 on: 16 Dec 2010, 12:37 am »
After having lived with these babies for a few days I thought that I would post a few comments.

The speakers were packed very well and arrived without a scratch. I know it's been said many times before but pictures really don't do justice to Jims speakers, they are Beautiful and exceeded my epectations. Setting up the speakers was simple and in no time I was listening to music.

In the instructions Jim suggests listening to the demo cd, so I did. The first thing that struck me was the soundstage, it was wide, solid, and deep. Instruments and voices all seemed to have their own place within it, a solid wall of sound from speaker to speaker and beyond. The treble and midrange were both spot on from the start, clear and smooth. The bass at first seemed a little lean at first but is now robust without being boomy at all, just clean well defined articulate bass.

One aspect that really blew me away was what theese speakers do for movies. Bladerunner is a movie I have seen many times but i could not believe how it sounded on theese. Somehow these speakers were pulling more information out of the soundtrack and that combined with the added ambiance from the rear of the midrange created a level of realism that was just pulling me into the movie(Really cool). Also there is plenty of bass for movies. During the latest Star Trek movie this was place was shaking, they can go low with authority.

On the box that the speakers come in there is a sticker that states "hand crafted with pride in the USA" with some companies i feel this would be nothing more than a pr slogan but with Salk and crew I believe this to be true, they take pride in their product and that in turn translates into pride of ownership.

I would like to thank the entire Salk team for these wonderful speakers.

Cheers
Chris

highfilter

« Reply #10 on: 16 Dec 2010, 12:48 am »
+1 for Blade Runner!  :D

Glad you are liking the speakers, Chris. I really noticed the bass to expand and develop after initial break-in and it really turns into MORE of a special thing after days of use. They indeed do seem to pull more information from the sound source, as you can hear every freq. the track has to offer. They really are ear-opening - especially with material you thought you knew.  :thumb:

May I ask what gear you are using in your system? Just curious as a fellow SoundScape lover.  :)

Best,
Clayton

fsimms

« Reply #11 on: 16 Dec 2010, 01:51 am »
One aspect that really blew me away was what theese speakers do for movies. Bladerunner is a movie I have seen many times but i could not believe how it sounded on theese. Somehow these speakers were pulling more information out of the soundtrack and that combined with the added ambiance from the rear of the midrange created a level of realism that was just pulling me into the movie(Really cool). Also there is plenty of bass for movies. During the latest Star Trek movie this was place was shaking, they can go low with authority.

Movies are one of the things I like best about my SoundScapes too!  My friend Raj came over and we watched some of the “Lord of the Rings”.  He said that instead of watching the movie he was listening to the soundtrack!  Amazing how much you can hear.  Movie sound people are very talented!

Bob

CC

« Reply #12 on: 17 Dec 2010, 02:45 am »
Hi Clayton

Yes I love the soundtrrack for Bladerunner, cool music and the street scenes are wild with that cacophany of sounds coming at you but it never sounded like this before. You're right the bass is definitely bcoming MORE special every day now, they can shake this place at will now.

My 2 channel system - AH Njoe Tjoeb 4000 cd player, Modwright 36.5, AVA ultra 550 double. 5 channel - Panasonic bd-55, Myryad MDP 500 pre -pro, AVA ultra 550 double powering the mains, Myryad MA-360 powering the center and rears, and NHT VC-3 center, and NHT VR-3 rears, Panasonic TC-P65V10 plasma TV.

Give me a few dats and i will have some photos

Cheers
Chris

CC

« Reply #13 on: 17 Dec 2010, 02:49 am »
Hi Bob

I too find myself listening to soundtrack now as well, somtimes even just watching regular televion. This really has been my biggest suprise I did not expect movies to become this much fun. I think I will go watch another one now.

Cheers
Chris