90.7 Classical station

threadkiller

90.7 Classical station
« on: 30 Nov 2010, 05:35 am »
Howdy!
Anyone listening to 90.7 3's classical station?  Worth getting a new tuner for?
Thanks
(my computer service sucks in the country, so streaming not feasible)

electricbear

Re: 90.7 Classical station
« Reply #1 on: 1 Dec 2010, 12:29 am »
After attending their presentation out at The Sound Room a couple of weeks ago I thought I'd better give them a listen. Yesterday I finally added them as a preset in the car but as yet I've not done any listening. 

threadkiller

« Reply #2 on: 1 Dec 2010, 05:05 am »
so your car radio can do hd? mine's an '06 and hence isn't up to speed.  oh well, nothing can replace KFUO for me, although i hear the 90.7 3 thing isn't bad, kind of like a college classical station.  i do enjoy champaign's station as I get closer to Springfield Il on up.
I'm still thinking of getting that Sony digital tuner that gets all the raves. We'll see...
thanks

electricbear

« Reply #3 on: 1 Dec 2010, 03:18 pm »
my mistake. I was actually referring to the regular 90.7 feed and not the HD3 feed. The regular feed does do the symphony on a Saturday night. I have the Sony tuner here at the store if you ever want to listen to one.

threadkiller

« Reply #4 on: 1 Dec 2010, 03:43 pm »
right, I figured all that. :lol:   
so how well does the Sony tuner work for the HD 3 station? or KDHX? I've heard it's great if it can pull it in.  The only major complaint against it I've read is that it has no memory backup for your presets when your power goes out.