RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Ericus Rex

RIP - Leslie Nielsen
« on: 29 Nov 2010, 02:14 pm »
The star of a few of my favorite comedies: Airplane, The Naked Gun movies, etc.  You'll be missed.   :cry:

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
Re: RIP - Leslie Nielsen
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2010, 02:36 pm »
"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."

RIP  :cry:

Bigfish

« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2010, 02:40 pm »
RIP Mr. Nielsen!  You gave us a lot of laughs!

Ken

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2010, 02:55 pm »
My heart sunk as a I saw the news on MSN. :(  He was such a warm & funny person.  I will admit I had no idea of he was 84.  I guess he had a good run.  I'll have to watch Airplane in his honor! :)

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2010, 03:58 pm »
Agreed.  One of the funniest actors out there.  He'll definitely be missed.

Bryan

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2010, 04:51 pm »
A fine actor, and by all accounts person as well. One of the more varied Hollywood careers showing the range of his skills, and a model to many actors we watch currently I think. Don't forget to put The Forbidden Planet in the remembrance play list. We Thank You for all the laughs sir. RIP   :(

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2010, 05:05 pm »
A fine actor, and by all accounts person as well. One of the more varied Hollywood careers showing the range of his skills, and a model to many actors we watch currently I think. Don't forget to put The Forbidden Planet in the remembrance play list. We Thank You for all the laughs sir. RIP   :(

kingdeezie

« Reply #7 on: 29 Nov 2010, 07:47 pm »
Truly sad news.

I was very young when the Naked Guns started coming out, but I enjoyed them on HBO and the like growing up anyhow....

There probably also was a time when I truly enjoyed Surf Ninjas as well.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #8 on: 29 Nov 2010, 08:13 pm »
Sorry to read this. A great Canadian actor, one of the few actors today worth see a film, Mr.Nielsen films are free of ambiguous or evil, just healthy fun.
RIP

Occam

« Reply #9 on: 29 Nov 2010, 09:29 pm »
Some of us are old enough to remember him before his wonderful reinvention as a comedic actor. Fess Parker as Daniel Boone was cool, but Leslie Nielson as Francis Marion, aka 'The Swamp Fox' was ultra cool.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #10 on: 30 Nov 2010, 01:29 am »
Such a loss.  :(

When reading the news this morning, this was the first article I read regarding his passing. It is hard for me to think of anyone before him that reading of their demise made me chuckle with fond memories.

Rest in peace,
Jerry

Phil A

« Reply #11 on: 30 Nov 2010, 02:58 am »
A great actor no doubt.  For people who are not very old and think of him for his later roles, they are usually amazed when I play something like Forbidden Planet.

Lyndon

« Reply #12 on: 30 Nov 2010, 03:18 am »
Occam said:
Some of us are old enough to remember him before his wonderful reinvention as a comedic actor. Fess Parker as Daniel Boone was cool, but Leslie Nielson as Francis Marion, aka 'The Swamp Fox' was ultra cool.

I remember that show!
And he won me over with Forbidden Planet.  I watched that three times in the theater.

I've got your power meters, Mr. Pass! 8)
 I think it is why I always had a soft spot for the word, "Krell".  I need bigger amps, MORE POWER!

I did not know that he was nearly deaf, and wore hearing aids most of his life.
I also wonder if they will release a video of his travelling stage performance of the lawyer, Clarence Darrow.
He performed serious roles on screen and stage (such as his one-man theatre show Darrow, playing Clarence Darrow