Newly Built N2X Monitors

Ron

Newly Built N2X Monitors
« on: 24 Nov 2010, 01:09 am »
  Attached are some pictures of a pair of N2X monitors that I just finished in natural cherry. They have Sonicaps,and Mills resistors in the crossover and No-Rez sound damping treatment. Excellent sounding speakers. Very smooth, open,and natural sounding. Bass is on the lean side, so a good subwoofer is suggested. When combined with a sub like the servo sub it makes a really killer system. Also building a pair of N3 sealed in the same finish, but haven't installed the crossover or drivers. Would make a nice Christmas present. If interested,send me a PM.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Newly Built N2X Monitors
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2010, 01:42 am »
How do you get the veneer to wrap around the roundovers like that?  Beautiful work.

Ron

« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2010, 02:18 am »
 I use a 3/8" radius round over bit in my router on the front vertical edges. Then I wrap the sides and front with a single piece of veneer. Then glue it using a heat activated glue and a clothes iron.

Zracer

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2010, 02:51 am »
 That is an astounding example of the n2x. Nice veneer choice. Color me jealous.   :thumb:

Ron

« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2010, 03:20 am »
 Thanks for the compliment. It's my favorite veneer to use. Just completed a pair of N3 sealed cabinets in the same finish to sell,but haven't ordered the parts kits yet from Danny. Thought I would wait to see if anyone is interested so they could choose what performance upgrade options they want.