Your Christmas wish list....

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
Your Christmas wish list....
« on: 20 Nov 2010, 02:20 pm »
It is almost that time of year when Christmas trees - not holiday trees, will be making their annual appearance once again. Be still my beating heart as I fondly reminisce of last year’s cornucopia of black draped gifts, black gift wrap-paper, does it get any better? Anyway, do you have a wish list for this year? Perhaps this is the perfect avenue to leave subtle hints of your wish list for your significant other…

Be well…     

Napalm

Re: Your Christmas wish list....
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2010, 08:55 pm »
A nice 0.50 caliber:

Nap.  :green:

1ZIP

« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2010, 09:15 pm »
A Nikon D90 with a Nikon 28-300mm tele.  That and a heat wave! :)

Ozi

• If it don't weigh enough, it can't play enough
« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2010, 09:38 pm »
BDA-1 and dishwasher safe Bryston coffee mug  :roll:

Oz

95Dyna

« Reply #4 on: 23 Nov 2010, 09:53 pm »
A Nikon D90 with a Nikon 28-300mm tele.  That and a heat wave! :)

Just bought a D90 last summer.  I only have the 18-105 kit lens but plan to add the 70-300 and a macro eventually.  Nice camera.  That being said a pair of Revel Ultima Sudio2's, Martin Logan Summit X's or Thiel CS 3.7's will do.  I think I like the Summits best, yeah make it the Summits :D.

pjg66

« Reply #5 on: 23 Nov 2010, 11:40 pm »
Would not expect this from my significant other, but if Santa wanted to leave some goody under the tree, a new Bryston SP-3 processor would be nice.  Don't know it's even been released yet, but if it's a Bryston, it's for sure going to be an excellent product.

Not that I am unhappy with my current Meridian (quite the contrary, I still love it).  But the Meridian is "somewhat" dated (10 years old).  It lacks the latest versions of the multichannel decoding algorithms and some other modern amenities.  But Meridian's Trifield algorithm remains a splendid way to listen to two channel music recordings.

I could never justify to myself dipping into the bank account to replace the Meridian.  But if an SP-3 were somehow to appear on Christmas morning, I think I could force myself to graciously and gratefully accept it. Alas, this ain't gonna' happen.  Good thing that the Meridian still sounds good, because it's probably going to be around for quite a while longer.

If we all could learn to live together on this earth with love and respect for each other (despite our differences), that would be the best gift of all.

I wish peace and prosperity to all (including Bryston, a truly fine company) in the coming new year.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #6 on: 23 Nov 2010, 11:51 pm »
A winning lottery ticket  :thumb:

Bryan

Laundrew

« Reply #7 on: 24 Nov 2010, 01:21 am »
I can only wish…

A years supply of black hair dye (Clairol L’Image # 880), I like this one the best because it brings out the true paleness of my skin. A case of “Parade Gloss” black shoe polish for my New Rock Reactor and Demonia boots. Some new skeleton decorations for our Christmas Tree - please, not the “tacky ones.” A new ankh with a nice silver chain or perhaps some Steampunk jewellery. Large vacuum tubes that I can stare at for hours on end while I contemplate life or some really neat looking, 100 year-old-plus piece of obscure technology. Failing this, I would even settle for a pair of Bose speakers for my Sony amplifier *sigh* if only I could be so lucky.

A gift certificate for Value Village, aside from Value Village having an awesome selection of vintage, black trench coats, I also require these because I spent all of my clothes money for the next 37 years on my audio gear - Shakes fist towards Peterborough and screams “Darn you Bryston,” umm... not really. I am talking about the screaming/fist thing here. Have I mentioned new hubcaps for my ‘99 Corolla - I only require 3 as I found one that fits when I was out collecting bottles the other day. Any dioramas which depict demons or “mainstream-cheerfully-bubbly-pop-signers” getting grotesquely slaughtered or a close but reasonable facsimile.     

Any book(s) on multiple personality disorders. An Edward Scissorhands or Bride of Frankenstein doll, the soft ones please as the hard plastic ones have a nasty habit of poking you in the eye while you are sleeping and waking you up in the middle of the night- oh, be still my beating heart.

As for something totally off the a wall, a new iPod would also be most welcome.

Be well…

Napalm

« Reply #8 on: 24 Nov 2010, 02:16 am »
Or maybe something like this:

Nap.  :xmas:

Napalm

« Reply #9 on: 24 Nov 2010, 02:19 am »
On second thought I'll stick to my first choice.

larevoj

« Reply #10 on: 24 Nov 2010, 04:31 am »
Good health and a recovery on Global economy for all.  :xmas:

Guy 13

« Reply #11 on: 24 Nov 2010, 05:48 am »
Hi all.
I am not sure if Santa Claus can make a detour to Vietnam, but if he can, I would sure like to get  some power tools and if it's not too much to ask, maybe some Black & Decker or Craftsman.
Santa Clauss can use the front door since we don't have a fire place with a chimeney.
Guy 13

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #12 on: 24 Nov 2010, 05:59 am »

Are you saying Ho-Ho Ho or Ho-Ho- holdup?  :uzi: :hyper:

Cheers,
Robin

95Dyna

« Reply #13 on: 24 Nov 2010, 01:42 pm »
A nice 0.50 caliber:

Nap.  :green:

How 'bout a .50 that's more suited for concealed carry :lol::

Napalm

« Reply #14 on: 24 Nov 2010, 05:35 pm »

Are you saying Ho-Ho Ho or Ho-Ho- holdup?

Cheers,
Robin

It's Ho-Ho-Ho. That thing is useless in close quarters. It's pretty much like trying to quickly aim a sledgehammer with a very long handle. By the time you can get it pointing at something, you're shot 40 times and gased and naded as a bonus.

Nap.

Napalm

« Reply #15 on: 24 Nov 2010, 05:36 pm »
How 'bout a .50 that's more suited for concealed carry :lol::

Illegal in Canada. We're only allowed the long stuff.

Nap.  :?

95Dyna

« Reply #16 on: 24 Nov 2010, 08:21 pm »
Illegal in Canada. We're only allowed the long stuff.

Nap.  :?

What if you buy 2, that gives you 61 cm in barrel length :wink:.  You guys need a second amendment :guns:

Napalm

« Reply #17 on: 24 Nov 2010, 08:47 pm »
What if you buy 2, that gives you 61 cm in barrel length :wink:.  You guys need a second amendment :guns:

Dunno, maybe if I weld a grenade launcher to it I could get it to legal length lol.

Nap.  :flak:

Laundrew

« Reply #18 on: 24 Nov 2010, 10:42 pm »

:nono:

You must think bigger Nap, 2400 meters (give or take) is childs play compared to this beast. Look on the bright side, with this one, close is good enough.

:D

Be well...

1ZIP

« Reply #19 on: 24 Nov 2010, 11:33 pm »
..we seem to have strayed off an otherwise good topic.  However...

http://www.world-mysteries.com/XX39.jpg

DOE Photo.